Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

josteph
Inactive Developer

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by josteph »

Welcome!

Questions about map creation belong on the Multiplayer Development or Scenario & Campaign Development forums. For future reference, if you aren't sure where to ask, just ask it this forum and a moderator will move it to another forum if that's more appropriate.
mxb2001

Post by mxb2001 »

Hello. My name is mxb2001 and I am a Wesnoth addict. I downloaded it two days ago and have yet to come up for air. :) I'm lifelong war and strategy gamer and this game is as fine as any I've seen in my 40 years of wargaming.
I got a new PC this boxing day (after 15 years of using my '99 P2 running DOS 7.1 I decided to accept a tiny bit of the 21st century...) and installed Debian over the win10 malware that came preinstalled. While looking through the software library available I saw this game. At first I decided I didn't need any games for this pc (it's my 1st laptop after all) since I still have my Atari 800 '82 with Star Raiders, my C=128 '86 with Dark Empire, my '89 Amstrad with Nethack 1.4f, my 386sx '91 with Civ and every other classic DOS game ever made... Luckily I changed my mind :)
Unfortunately I used one of 2 debian software installers and this one while user friendlier and offering up stuff in categories like games only installed a barebones Wesnoth minus the campaigns or music! So after playing the tutorial I was kind of left up in the air. Campaigns were recommended but puzzlingly I could find none. So I started in on some of the 2p games in the multiplayer section. I had no clue what 2p stood for until today :) Anyways they were a harsh intro as they're all at normal difficulty and the scens (being 2 player multi player battlegrounds as I now realize) were all evenly matched. I played half a dozen getting brutally murdered each time :) But then I started reading the help and manual and actually studying the units, maps, terrain, etc. and finally won one.
In the midst of this I also intrepidly went onto the online multiplayer and found a open game with a Lord Mordak I believe. Poor [censored] must have been disappointed once it became clear I barely knew how to move units around, far less what to do with them! He was initially hesitant to charge in and slaughter me, likely fearing a trap by some master player, hehehe. But eventually he realized how things were and it was over. Heh, I was playing elves for the first time and thought the wose could hide only in open ground (cuz it looks like a tree, how can it hide where trees are right? rotfl)
It was at this point that I decided the missing campaigns could no longer be overlooked. Eshewing the onerous prospect of manually installing the campaigns after a manual download I discovered the other debian installer (synaptics) offered far more software but required that you know what you were looking for. There they were! The wesnoth metapackage automatically added the missing files and installed them.
I've played South Guard at civilian level and won it. Beautiful campaign!!! Tale of two brothers seemed the next best choice since it was only 4 scens. Nice one too. Now I'm into the 3rd which is Orc Incursion. It's OK, rather small and simple maps and the Assassins scen has me stuck although I figured out the sol'n last nite and will embark on it today. Also it defaults to normal diff unlike the 1st 2 camps... ramping up.
01/01/01
bearone

Post by bearone »

Hi all! I've been playing wesnoth for 7-8 year, but never said hello...
so... hello!
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Hello as well :)
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
DumptyMcGanti

Post by DumptyMcGanti »

Hi all,

I am new to this game.
I have a question and the above post says its okay to just ask it, so I am asking.

Question about Moremiru:.
-I am asking this here because the latest search result for Moremiru is in 2017.
-Moremiru's only trait is Loyal. Is this intentional?
-If not I vote for him to receive an additional trait just like any other special unit.
-I have read the multi-player forums and understand that this game has been properly tested for many years before it has been deemed as balanced. I am however unaware about balancing in scenarios.

Loyal + Strong:
-He has a special sword attack and this will make it better (from 7-4 to 8-4).
-His custom portrait suggests this trait.
-Makes him unique as he is the only mage who can properly use the melee attack (IMO because that's how I safely defeated the Lich without taking much damage in exchange).

Loyal + Resilient:
-Helps him survive his own scenario better.
-His custom portrait also suggests this trait.
-Does not make him unique as the other mage is also Loyal + Resilient.

Thank you.
Last edited by DumptyMcGanti on February 7th, 2019, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATag_The_Coolest

Post by ATag_The_Coolest »

hi my name is ATag the coolest :D
online a lott so come and chat
Last edited by Pentarctagon on February 15th, 2019, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed color.
MiroslavRD
Location: No chance, and if you try to track me down, I'll foe you!

Post by MiroslavRD »

Hello! :D
Meet MiroslavRD! ;)
-- miroslavrd --

my old signature was against the rules/abusive, so i replaced it with my youtube channel link
stefankeys

Post by stefankeys »

Hi I am new to Wesnoth. The first time I became aware of Wesnoth was when I installed Ubuntu on my old asus laptop (rip in peace old laptop). When I checked out the ubuntu app store Westnoth was always in the front page and at the top of the games list. Anyway I never got a chance to check it out until later. I played a few beginner campaigns at first but due to how short those were and given how hard I found them I gave up but a few days ago after installing a bunch of open source games I tried one of the longer campaigns and I really liked it. Thank you very much to all those who have contributed to make this wonderful game.
Check out my blog at sosbrigade.club
steampeng_mk_1

Post by steampeng_mk_1 »

Heya, steampeng here. Been playing Wesnoth the last few days and gotta say it pretty neat.

Was curious though of add-ons and locial modifications though that I could do to the game. Wanna see if I can make some custom scenarios and whatnot.
Pigdwas

Post by Pigdwas »

Hi all, my name is Adam.
I'm playing Wesnoth near 3 month.
Shaman13116

Post by Shaman13116 »

Hello,I m Salih ,I am very new to play. :D
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

Hello an welcome to all the new peeps that joined recently!
Arlock

Post by Arlock »

Hi guys!
I was looking for some mobile games in order to waste some time and i installed a RPG mobile game.

The game Is Everybody's RPG and It Is on the play store.
I was messing around with the game and the i noticed that they were using the sprite of Battle for wesnoth for the units.
Just wanted ti know of It Is a legal thing.

Awesome game and All :)
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Hello, I am EarthCake!!!

That is more or less everything...
darkforest1

Post by darkforest1 »

Hello; i know and play wesnoth since 2006-2007; i registered here because have some questions and too want to create maps and share them with wesnoth community.