Bad manners?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mystique

Re: Bad manners?

Post by Mystique »

Mabuse wrote:btw, i dont think the main point is for excuse, the main point is that you make a statement that you are actually REALISING that you have good luck
Thats a good Point!

I personally hate it when i lose just because hading bad Luck, and if the opponent shows no reaction to that fact at all, i expect him to take that luck as skill.
This and the fact that i cant stand injustice, may it be to my favour or against me, can make me really frustrated or even angry, if I have the true felling, that the opponent didnt deserve a win, for example because he was playing obviously worse, or behaved impatient...

In some cases, the opponent even goes so far, to increase the existing frustration by posting senseless stuff like "Omg/Haha/lol/Yeah..."

I personally find both of this "behaviors" a lack of respect, and the last one as extremely infantile, too.

But if somebody makes clear that (s)he realized the circumstances, and shows emapthy, in which form that may be, then i feel much better and am not mad about my loss anymore, as i lost against a nice person...
Last edited by Mystique on April 22nd, 2010, 5:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
energyman76c

Post by energyman76c »

real sportsmen apologise for luck. Look at snooker, golf, table tennis and a few years ago tennis. If you are lucky, you apologise or you are a bad sport.

I am sad that a lot of people don't know about this basic rule of sportmanship.
Euthanatos93

Post by Euthanatos93 »

energyman76c wrote: I am sad that a lot of people don't know about this basic rule of sportmanship.
Probably because it's not? There are other...far more appropriate ways...to express good sportsmanship.
energyman76c

Post by energyman76c »

Euthanatos93 wrote:
energyman76c wrote: I am sad that a lot of people don't know about this basic rule of sportmanship.
Probably because it's not? There are other...far more appropriate ways...to express good sportsmanship.
probably becaue it is - just not observed in 'sports' like football or soccer but still common in more sport-sports like snooker or golf or table tennis ...
Euthanatos93

Post by Euthanatos93 »

You're really referencing two butthurt kids and an internet debate of tennis ettiquette?

Seriously, even if it is tennis ettiquette I see no reason to perpetuate such absurd behaviour. I personally will never. So don't get your **** in a wad like some of those kids when you get a bad run and I don't offer more than, "Well played, tough luck." at the end of the game.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Euthanatos93 wrote:You're really referencing two butthurt kids and an internet debate of tennis ettiquette?

Seriously, even if it is tennis ettiquette I see no reason to perpetuate such absurd behaviour. I personally will never. So don't get your **** in a wad like some of those kids when you get a bad run and I don't offer more than, "Well played, tough luck." at the end of the game.
Given the attitude you've displayed in this thread, I do not believe you're in any position to lecture others on what constitutes "good manners".

But regardless: Reasonable people can disagree on what is the best way to demonstrate good sportsmanship when luck favours one side more heavily than another. However, since this discussion seems to be producing little more than discord at this point, I think that I'll close the thread.

Ad hominem attacks are neither civil nor persuasive. As a general rule, if you find yourself addressing another poster, rather than the argument that they're making, it's best to either rewrite your post or reconsider posting in the first place.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry