Complaining about people who complain about bad luck.

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Complaining about people who complain about bad luck.

Post by Velensk »

Now I've certainly complained about luck in the past and I'll probably do it again in the future (mentally at least), however recently I've had a number of incredibly annoying experiences with people complaining about luck too me when they have no foundation. Can they not tell when they've been playing very foolishly?

This guy seems to do it every time I've played him but he's not the only one I've encountered recently. At the end of this replay he tells me my units always hit at critical moments... where you paying any attention at all to those saurians on the left flank and how lucky they got? Or how I failed to break the saurian on the village on the right as quickly as would have been ideal? If I could still keep playing and winning despite these bouts of bad luck for me, then maybe that should indicate to you that you are doing something wrong?

/rant

I had intended to post this in off-topic however they don't allow you to add attachments there. If this could be moved there I'd appreciate it.

This is a replay for 1.7.8
Attachments
2p_-_The_Freelands_Turn_14_(3169).zip
(12.84 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Devas

Re: Complaining about people who complain about bad luck.

Post by Devas »

Oh, that guy was damn unlucky.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Not that there was any real reason to respond to my post in the first place (which was why I requested it moved to off topic) but that would have been at least a little more convincing if you'd downloaded the replay first.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Zarel

Post by Zarel »

It's funnier this way.

Oh, man, look, you got unlucky a few times, but you had really good luck all the rest of the time. I mean, really, his Horseman missed twice! And when he attacked your Augur with a full-HP Ulf, it was really just luck that your Augur won.
2p_-_The_Freelands_Turn_14_(3169).zip
(12.84 KiB) Still not downloaded yet
Proud creator of the :whistle: smiley | I prefer the CC-0 license.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Radament

Post by Radament »

I did download but can't open the file with neither 1.6.4 nor 1.7.7
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Velensk wrote: This is a replay for 1.7.8
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

http://ladder.subversiva.org/gamedetail ... %3A09%3A07

Obviously I love this thread. ;)

Seriously, whenever I feel sick of Wesnoth (which does happen occasionally) it's because of these people, and these people only.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Radament

Post by Radament »

Velensk wrote:
Velensk wrote: This is a replay for 1.7.8

:oops:

What I love is when the cold hand of numbers ruthlessly grasps and clenches those who think they're too special for elementary laws of nature, leaving them babbling as the air is squeezed out, and when they finally take a hike, they leave the community a better place.

On a more serious note, I do wonder how such people react when it's not Wesnoth's RNG that screws their day but the big one. Where do they run then?
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

A good example here- Neki asks "why did I win?" and Coriopidas answers something like "Because you did +20% damage in your first attack." Ug.
Attachments
pwnage of Coriopidas.gz
(22.92 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Post by anakayub »

Is there a way to like and unlike this thread? :lol2:
Take a breath.