New addict has a question...

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Warmskin

New addict has a question...

Post by Warmskin »

Hard to believe this game is free! Anyway, is there a way of knowing the terrain defense percentage of the actual hex one of your units is standing on. Yes, I can see the percentage for any hex I might want to *move to* by simply floating the cursor over it, but not for the one I'm on. The manual states: 'To see a unit's defense rating ... mouse over the terrain ... and the defense rating will be displayed as a percentage value in the status pane, as well as shown in the fight window'. Where is this 'status pane'? I can't see any value for this in the panel on the right that has the stats for my unit. I'm sure I must be missing something simple... Thanks a lot.
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New addict has a question...

Post by Ken_Oh »

Should be in the upper right corner.

http://www.wesnoth.org/images/sshots/wesnoth-1.6-4.jpg See where it says Grassland (Flat)? Those number to the left of that are: x coords,y coords (terrain defense, movement cost).
anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Post by anakayub »

Maybe this is what you're looking for? :wink:

EDIT: Ken_Oh and I posted simultaneously.
Take a breath.
Warmskin

Post by Warmskin »

Great, thanks a lot to you both for the quick reply.
And I just thought I'd ask... Does there exist somewhere a *complete* manual (the one you get when you click on 'manual' is good for starters, but it would be nice to be able to print out the entire 'help' file). I know that w/b a lot, and the game *is* free, but as I said, I just thought I'd ask... Really enjoying this game! Thanks again.
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

currently, there is not one source that is the definitive reference. The manual is a good start, there are often very useful tips and explanations accessible from the in-game help (it doesn't just link to the manual). Also, there is a fair amount of good info on the forums (mp, or strategies and tips), or on the wiki.
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
Warmskin

Post by Warmskin »

OK, thanks again.