Units behind the scenes

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: Units behind the scenes

Post by Turuk »

One of the most important points to take away from any unit when looking at it's attacks and stats is how well that unit may work with others in your recruit list. Recruit list varies from campaign to campaign and scenario to scenario, so one of the first things I always try to do is look at the list and try to develop strategies based on what units would work well supporting each other.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

If you're thinking about campaigns, it's also important to consider the enemies you'll be facing. You'll recruit very differently against undead compared to trolls or drakes, for example. Assuming your list allows you that flexibility.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

Walking Corpse

Qualities
Cheap - 8-gold
Has Plague
Can hold up Enemies

Disadvantages
Frail
Bad attack

Reasoning
It is made to be a cheap unit to duplicate itself to make more. It isn't meant to be a Warrior, but to get the killing blows in. So, along with being cheap, it is more useful than not.
Scubaforce

Post by Scubaforce »

I like mermen in MP... They have won me many an Isar's Cross before. They really aren't too expensive and with the amount of water/swamp in IC they can usually overwhelm the opposition.
We have labored long to build a heaven, only to find it populated with horrors.