The Order of Classical Wesnoth

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tomsik

The Order of Classical Wesnoth

Post by Tomsik »

Brothers and sisters! Sisters and brothers!
Sorrow fills my soul when I look at the MP server and see what it has become!
The time has come! The time when we put an end to the atrocities done by these scenario-loving freaks!

Herby I create the Order of Classical Wesnoth.
  • The goal of the Order is to establish an evergrowing group of individuals who like to play the almost forgotten 2/70.
  • The only requirement is willingness to play 2/70 or any other classical wesnoth match.
  • Each member may add to "OCW" to their nick, to create the means of recognition of members of the Order.
  • Every man and woman is a member of OCW, they just don't yet know about this.
EDIT:
Update:
  • Membership in the Order does not in any sense prevent one from playing scenarios, as long as they are not usually preffered to OCW-cetrified games.
  • Unbalanced and werid eras do not count as classical.
  • Isar cross does not act like usual Wesnoth enough to be considered OCW-certified
Last edited by Tomsik on February 6th, 2009, 8:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
JW

Re: The Order of Classical Wesnoth

Post by JW »

Tomsik wrote:[*]Every man and woman is a member of OCW, they just don't yet know about this.
Sorry, I prefer world conquest too much to ever do that. I'm pretty tired of seeing orocia all the time though. And survivals are pretty meh.
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

JW wrote:Sorry, I prefer world conquest too much to ever do that. I'm pretty tired of seeing orocia all the time though. And survivals are pretty meh.
It's like they're heathens. And what do you do about heathens? You bea... put some sense in them, using all possible means.
anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Post by anakayub »

Come on, at least WC is 2/80, is that not good enough for you? Yeah, yeah it's still a scenario...but it's a campaign! It's different!
Take a breath.
cretin

Post by cretin »

maybe im missing something but whats 2/70?
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

It's a way of saying the default settings. 2 gold per village and 70% experience to level.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
martenzo

Post by martenzo »

Ehh... I's been a long time. I'll give Wesnoth a second chance with this OCW thing.
Last edited by martenzo on February 5th, 2009, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
me: Welcome to the real world. If everyone says your art and opinions suck, it's because they DO suck. Even if you're too damned proud/stupid/both to realize it.
danny_california: yep keep telling fairy tales.
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

martenzo wrote:Ehh... I's been a long time. I'll give Wesnoth a second chance with this OCW thing.
Welcome back!
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

World Conquest is acceptable... its actually closest to classical scenarios and comp stomps, which is what most of us played when we first came on.
I suspect having one foot in the past is the best way to understand the present.

Don Hewitt.
anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Post by anakayub »

By the way, Tomsik, what's your reward for us giving our effort in helping your cause?

I just played another 2/70 (2 v 2) since we discussed your formation of this new order. You owe me something the next time we meet on the server. :D
Take a breath.
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

anakayub wrote:You owe me something the next time we meet on the server. :D
When we grow in power, as one of first people who joined, you'll have command over thousands and thousands of souls!
Does it sound evil enough? :wink:
Nebiros

Post by Nebiros »

You forgot to add:

* No custom eras, except those which are as well-balanced as Default. (Which, AFAIK, is currently none of them, but some may be at least moving in that direction.)

* Willingness to play on something other than Isar's. Not necessarily a commitment to *never* play Isar's - if you rule that out along with all the screwy scenario maps you're ruling out probably 90% of games - but at least some willingness to play reasonable sized maps like Loris or Blue Water, maybe even somewhat largish ones like PoD. (Or one on one, of course.)

With those additions, I support your agenda.
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

Nebiros wrote:if you rule that out along with all the screwy scenario maps you're ruling out probably 90% of games
That's the main reason of creating the Order, the amount of scenarios and inane-settings games has gone wild long time ago.

Also, updated the original post a bit.
grrr

Post by grrr »

What happened to the "play only with friends" mantra? Isn't that a sure way to play MP with sane settings?
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

grrr wrote:What happened to the "play only with friends" mantra? Isn't that a sure way to play MP with sane settings?
So you have to play sane games to meet people who like sane games, but in order to do that you need to know people who want to play sane games? I'm not quite sure if that works, Sir. :hmm: