Userdata not showing in Wesnoth 1.4.7

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Starwolf1991

Userdata not showing in Wesnoth 1.4.7

Post by Starwolf1991 »

Having just upgraded from 1.4.2, I was astounded to find that the userdata folder does not display in the main directory. It only appears if I look in the map editor. I even have hidden folder tracking on and it does not appear. It's a shame because I cant view the addons I collected. What do I do here?
Thanatos

Re: Userdata not showing in Wesnoth 1.4.7

Post by Thanatos »

How did you "upgrade"?
Which system are you using?

It's easier to help, if you give plenty of info.
ThanatoNoth | Necromanteion | Undead Rights Protection Society
"The gods can demand nothing of me. Even gods answer to me, eventually. [...] I cannot be bidden, I cannot be forced. I will do only that which I know to be right." (Death in Pratchett's "Mort")
Starwolf1991

Post by Starwolf1991 »

I'm using 64-bit vista. I downloaded the windows version of 1.4.7 and installed it.

Out of curiousity, I tried installing it to my normal program files and then it appeared, but all the addons like extended era and stuff don't show.
Thanatos

Post by Thanatos »

I don't know about 64-bit Vista support of the Windows binary, but the behaviour of the appearing folder seems to point to some writing rights permission problem, maybe.
ThanatoNoth | Necromanteion | Undead Rights Protection Society
"The gods can demand nothing of me. Even gods answer to me, eventually. [...] I cannot be bidden, I cannot be forced. I will do only that which I know to be right." (Death in Pratchett's "Mort")
jonathantan86

Post by jonathantan86 »

In 32-bit Vista, the userdata folder only appears if you click "Show compatibility files" on the toolbar. Maybe you could navigate to the folder and see if there is such a button.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Me and many others often enought wrote:C:\Users\noob\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Wesnoth\userdata\
Me and many others often enought wrote:AppData is a hidden folder
Does the search really taste that bad?
~ I'll heal you by 4 hp if you post next to me ~
Have a look at the Era of Strife, featuring Eltireans, Eventide, Minotaurs, Saurians and Triththa
TheMasterOfBattle

Post by TheMasterOfBattle »

After installing a new version of Wesnoth, it will not appear until you do something like change the preferences, download an add-on, or play a game.