Leaving Wesnoth

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Taurus
Inactive Developer

Leaving Wesnoth

Post by Taurus »

I know that this is a rather posthumous goodbye, since this is my first time posting in 8 months, but nevertheless I think I should make it official.

This January I went to India to spend a few months with my girlfriend, and ended up tying the knot. Ever since then it has been one thing after another in life (marriage tends to do that for those of you who know) and I haven't been able to come back to Wesnoth. So I thought it is about time to accept reality and say my goodbyes.

It has been a honor, joy and pleasure contributing towards this project, and there are many things I have learned in my time here. For starters, when I started contributing, I was just your average point and click computer user, and working on this game gave me a whole new insight (however merger) on the inner workings of computers.

Working with a whole community of people, and seeing how it all goes down taught me alot about how to work in group projects. To get anything done you can't try to please everyone, but at the same time have to be open to critical advice and feedback. Don't run your mouth and try and be a hotshot because you aren't. Besides those kinds of people usually never anything done and are quick to leave anyway. The real hotshots are usually to preoccupied contributing to be running their mouths. Take responsibility for your own projects and never expect other people to do your work for you. If they do help out take it as a bonus and be grateful. Don't try to run things like a democracy, because nothing gets done like that. There are times where you have to cut to the chase and just say it as it is.

In addition, Wesnoth as a whole is a very inspiring example for me of the KISS principal. It is a relatively simple game, but at the same time is extremely enjoyable and highly addictive.

I still plan on lurking around whenever I can, and heck, maybe one day I may even come back if I get the time. But until then, have fun everyone!
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
Cuyo Quiz

Re: Leaving Wesnoth

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Blessings and may the steps you take be worth a world.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Crushmaster

Post by Crushmaster »

Thank for you for contributing to the great game known as Wesnoth. :) May God bless you.
Godspeed, random person!
NeedGod - User:Crushmaster
dontano

Post by dontano »

Doh... everyone's leaving... :(
Anyway, thank you for contributing the whole project, and have a nice Wesbreak! ^^
Trust yourself first, then trust others.
Current activity/ies: what...!?
Peter the Great

Post by Peter the Great »

Some WC came in with a 100-100 plague attack and started attacking developers. :(
Latin:LVDVMAMISI (pronounced Loo-dum amee-C)
French: J'ai perdu le jeu.
English: I lost the game.
DDR

Post by DDR »

:( :)
Last edited by DDR on September 4th, 2008, 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Taurus...have a happy married life, and hope to see you pop in from time to time!
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
MDG

Post by MDG »

Damn! I am a huge fan of Northern Rebirth, and also the last scenario in esr's campaign (which I believe you were instrumental in designing?). Real shame for the rest of us not to have someone with your talent continuing to create new content.

Nevertheless, congratulations and best wishes for the future.