A noob's take on ballance.

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

telly wrote:Knalgans are extremely strong in multiplayer, maybe even the best faction all round. I don't know what anyone is thinking saying they're weak, especially now gryphons have a 2nd level.
prove it. ;)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
casueps

Post by casueps »

I agree that elvish scouts are fast but they are weak and mounted units don't get much advantage in hiding in villages. If they dont have 100% HP, a knight usually kills them with one blow so they don't receive double damage which is knights' main weakness. Other races' fast units don't inflict so much damage but they aren't so weak to piercing attacks as knights so they are better than scouts too. They are not that good in the battle for villages. Besides, they move fast in the forest but forest and grasslands are the only terrain they do. If there is a bit of hill or mountain, then drakes, orcs and undead take some advantage.

Wose kick ass but they move 3 hex each turn.

The leader is powerful but he doesn't have leadership, which would be important as every unit are level 1 or 2.

It's not that I think they are not very powerful, but I think you didn't notice some of their weaknesses.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

you said that their leader doesnt have leadership. only the loyalist's leader has leadership. So that doesn't mean the rebels are weak in that regard, it means the loyalists have an advantage there.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

casueps wrote:Wose kick ass but they move 3 hex each turn.
Woses suck; their too slow to be scouts and their chance-to-hit is too low to be fighters. Also mages slaughter them by the thousands. To be honest, I would like to see the wose removed.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

MadMax wrote:
casueps wrote:Wose kick ass but they move 3 hex each turn.
Woses suck; their too slow to be scouts and their chance-to-hit is too low to be fighters. Also mages slaughter them by the thousands. To be honest, I would like to see the wose removed.
I think the recent changes to the Wose make them a fairly powerful unit.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

How about making the Wose even weaker and dropping its cost to 7 gold, and making it to the Rebels what the Walking Corpse is to undead.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

I have a better idea: Make its resistances go up with levels.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.