76-2

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: 76-2

Post by Velensk »

Campains are single player.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

There are MP campaigns in diapers atm.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Unnheulu

Post by Unnheulu »

It would hit more if it was strong. ;)
CK5Y12

Post by CK5Y12 »

AI wrote:Hmm, looking at the DK's sprite I just noticed; wouldn't wearing plate make a skeleton *more* vulnerable to pierce and blade? Even if it doesn't, it's not like it will stop impact damage, so what's the point?
Em, why would plate make him more vulnerable? It just reduces the already low damage to his..bones, actually, it should make attacker do even less damage, because a strong hit would just get stuck in his armor and between the bones:D While bones are really good to be crushed with impact, plate spreads impact damage over area, making the damage not so vital, at least in my opinion.
Extreme simplicity, like a drop of water.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Hmm, I was probably either hung over or drunk when I wrote that, but wearing full plate should at least have *some* effect on 'movetype'.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Actually it kind of makes sense that plate would make him more vulnerable to pierce - a large part of the problem with piercing attacks vs. skeletons is that it's hard to actually make contact with the bone - you'll usually just go through the ribcage, doing no damage in the process - but if he's covered in plate armor you can just hit the armor with your spear and have the energy of the blow turned into an impact attack, with the armor itself damaging the skeleton.

But I would say the coolness of plate-armored skeletons outweighs any realism concerns this minor...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

why do people forget the lancer?

13*1.5[leadership]*1.5[arcane]*1.25[ToD]*2[charge]-3
=73-3~219 damage
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
CarpeGuitarrem

Post by CarpeGuitarrem »

turin wrote:Actually it kind of makes sense that plate would make him more vulnerable to pierce - a large part of the problem with piercing attacks vs. skeletons is that it's hard to actually make contact with the bone - you'll usually just go through the ribcage, doing no damage in the process - but if he's covered in plate armor you can just hit the armor with your spear and have the energy of the blow turned into an impact attack, with the armor itself damaging the skeleton.
Plate armor dissipates the impact of the attack, however. So it would be a weak impact attack, in essence.
Glory in Blood...Needs Programming Help!

If you have time, check out my ongoing serial story...
The Hidden: Secrets of the Future's Past
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Thrawn wrote:why do people forget the lancer?

13*1.5[leadership]*1.5[arcane]*1.25[ToD]*2[charge]-3
=73-3~219 damage
Is that level 4 Grand Marshal leadership? That could raise it even more if it isn't.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

Aeth wrote:Is that level 4 Grand Marshal leadership? That could raise it even more if it isn't.
uh?

lancer is lvl 2. Marshal is level 4.

1+(4-2)*0,25=1.5.
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

what syn err said. ;) .25 a level, not .5
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

why do people always forget the fire dragon?

13*1.75[leadership]*1.5[arcane]*1.25[ToD]*2[charge]-3
=85-3~255 damage
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down