How old are you?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

cheSSmasterHEX

Post by cheSSmasterHEX »

I just started playing last night, and I'm 32. This game looks like a winner, can't wait to get some quality time in online.
Noy
Inactive Developer

Re: How old are you?

Post by Noy »

SkY_BoY wrote:How old are you guys??I am 12, but I don't see many 10-13 people playing wesnoth :( :( :(
Thank god.
I suspect having one foot in the past is the best way to understand the present.

Don Hewitt.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

This sounded a bit harsh isn't Wesnoth for all age brackets :lol: .

(Much too old)
... all romantics meet the same fate someday
Cynical and drunk and boring someone in some dark cafe ...
All good dreamers pass this way some day
Hidin’ behind bottles in dark cafes
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

I think it would be a very nice thing if a younger audience would start playing Free Software games in general and Wesnoth in particular.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Drake Clasher

Post by Drake Clasher »

Elvish Pillager wrote:I think it would be a very nice thing if a younger audience would start playing Free Software games in general and Wesnoth in particular.
Your wish has been granted. I started playing at age 12, and continue to :D
the observer a wesnoth newspaper by DDR
unsung

Post by unsung »

17. It's like being 16, except I get to be tried as an adult. I hated people going "oh, congradulations." Yeah! I can be excecuted just like an adult, even though I'm still not considered one legally, and you brain doesn't stop developing for about seven years after you are considered one!

AWESOME!

Go go logic rangers of the logic vortex!

I agree with Noy. I actually feel most 12 and thirteen year old shouldn't be allowed on the internet.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
MDG

Post by MDG »

unsung wrote:I agree with Noy. I actually feel most 12 and thirteen year old shouldn't be allowed on the internet.
turin wrote:(BTW, 16)
Interesting. If Turin is sixteen now and joined the project in Jan 2004 then that would have made him about thirteen or so (dependent on birthday). Without Turin there would be no Eastern Invasion, Sceptre of Fire, Saving Elensefar, Imperial Era, etc... I personally believe this would be a bad thing....

(Out of a weird curiosity I just checked what Turin's first post was. It appears to have been to ask for help beating Muff Malal's Peninsula on easy :wink: . The other slightly disturbing (and completely useless) thing I learned is that when you go to his profile and 'Find all posts by Turin' the result has 686 pages :shock: .)
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I was 14 at the time, IIRC. I'm almost 17 now. Then I'll have unsung's problem of being tried as an adult... if I want to murder anyone, I'd better do it now.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

All the stupid people in the world, right?
Sorry for the meaningless post
Sabata

Post by Sabata »

Hmm... I would like to know age of this "Great Old Ones"....

Another person I am interested is Shadow, hes always on shadow... I just cant find info about him, I tryed Deviant art but... :(
We fall to rise again.
nightcrawler

Post by nightcrawler »

30, ugh. I started playing at 27 though.
"Then I'd prefer you refer to it as 'The Midlands'"

If I'm supposed to fight creeping biggerism, then why is it a game feature?
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Sabata wrote:Hmm... I would like to know age of this "Great Old Ones"....

Another person I am interested is Shadow, hes always on shadow... I just cant find info about him, I tryed Deviant art but... :(
I thought the www button under my messages would be enough. :lol:

http://wayfarerpg.deviantart.com/
But don't expect too much.
... all romantics meet the same fate someday
Cynical and drunk and boring someone in some dark cafe ...
All good dreamers pass this way some day
Hidin’ behind bottles in dark cafes
mog
Inactive Developer

Post by mog »

We could tell you... but then we'd have to kill you... :twisted:
Aurë entuluva!
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Only vigintillions of years... :twisted:
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

Shadow wrote:This sounded a bit harsh isn't Wesnoth for all age brackets :lol: .
It's just a good idea to realise that the age of others for instance on the MP server isn't necessarily the same as yours. :wink:

Different age groups have different wants and needs - take this entirely biased, subjective view with a pinch of salt though... :P

The youngsters have a lot of free time, but their parents could tell them to have lunch or clean up their room any minute. :lol: So they tend to be rather impatient or on edge even if they hang around the server all day. They also have the urge to prove their skills and to get recognition for everything they did (like asking every observer how they like the map they made, and not taking criticism too well).

Us older guys may hang around the server (being afk), but we actually have very little time to play due to real-life constraints. We're less likely to just jump into a game, being a little bit more choosy (or just slow to respond?). We like to waste our time more in the lobby than in games :o. We tend not to take things personally as much. Our internet connections are perhaps a bit more stable because our little brother isn't abusing the computer at the same time, but we might have to answer the phone, walk the dog, care for our relationships, or tell the kids to clean their room. :lol: Our misclicks are more likely due to arthritis rather than hyper-excitement (okay, okay... I'm exaggerating... :lol:)

The devs though have very little time to be on the MP server due to complicated embalming procedures they constantly have to undergo, as I understand.