Machines - ships

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

kcits

Machines - ships

Post by kcits »

I did a search but kind of didn't know what I should be looking for...

I was using CampGen and found that there was a Machines group and it had three ships in there... how do i use these? what senarios use these? I am very interested in using these in the game and don't know where to start, but if I knew some places where it is working and start from there.

Thanks!
River, please, why don't you come on out?
"No! I can't. Too much hair."...
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

They are f.i. used in HttT in serveral places (whenever the party travels by ship).
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
CIB
Code Contributor

Post by CIB »

They're only dummy units for showing an image, I don't think you're supposed to use them in fights.
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

the 20-1 ballista means you can use it, but its inability to move on land, its lack of a melee, and its lack of anything to level into make it fairly worthless.
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
kcits

Post by kcits »

Hum, I was thinking that they would be really cool to use in a game... the ability of a town being able to build them when it is next to water... Is it in warcraft or another game where there are transport boats, galleons, batistes, fishing boats, and such where you can basically have a whole battle on water and transport your troops from land over a large body of water... it was a real time strategy game... dang i can't remember what it is... any body know what game i am talking about...? oh well i digress, is there any created scenario that uses the ships as actual units?
toms

Post by toms »

Yes, there is one in SotBE, and there is the bigmap scenario in Saving Elensefar.

Those are no mainline campaigns, you have to download them from the campaign server.
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
kcits

Post by kcits »

Cool thanks!