Other/new factions and units

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

xiconia

Other/new factions and units

Post by xiconia »

Hey guys
me and my fflat mates just downloaded wesnoth about a month ago and been playing it flat out and were wondering if there were any other units and factions u can use or down load besides the 6 you have on multiplayer.

and where about u would get these new units

any help appriciated
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

The sets of factions are refered to as Eras. Two popular alternate sets are JWs Era of Myths, and the Extended Era (which includes a bunch of people's work IIRC. When you are on the main menu click "Get Add-ons" or "Get more campaigns" or something liek that, and you will get a list of various user created add-ons to download.

Look for "eras"
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Another good one is the Imperial Era, if I say so myself.

Although honesty compels me to admit that I helped design some of the factions in the IE.
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Note that, when you have downloaded an era you have to select it on the screen where you choose the map and settings of the game.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
xiconia

Post by xiconia »

Wow thanks for the help guys everythign uve said is right and ive got many new era's
onl problyem for me is when i try and get extended era it always stops mid way thiough th dl saying host not detected and when he finnally did dl it doesnt show up on my eras to use
whats the problem?
JW

Post by JW »

Becephalus wrote:The sets of factions are refered to as Eras. Two popular alternate sets are JWs Era of Myths, and the Extended Era (which includes a bunch of people's work IIRC. When you are on the main menu click "Get Add-ons" or "Get more campaigns" or something liek that, and you will get a list of various user created add-ons to download.

Look for "eras"
Thanks for the mention, Bece.