You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

Drake Blademaster wrote:279 You're a veteran who's been playing since version 1.0, but you still think that you haven't been playing too long.
1.0 and veteran? What if somebody remember 0.8.x times? Or even earlier?
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Yeah, look at the "When did you start playing" thread. Even an underling like i belongs in the 0.8.x swarm.

I guess...

260. You've discussed at God-thread-lenght "guns" in Wesnoth.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

261. You remember the absurd version number of "0.6.99.4".
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

2.62... I mean 2.6.2. er... 262, well...

262. You're drooling about the possibility of OpenGL acceleration in Wesnoth.
theotherhiveking

Post by theotherhiveking »

263, u try to kill someone but u fail all hits u go to the jail, then u find yourself writing on the jail wall "load : autosave - shopping center- turn 9"
Join the dark side.....- We have cookies. COOKIES!! COOKIES MAN!!!! JOIN!!!
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

264. When you consiter the situation of an endless stream of quick intelegent goblin spearmen attacking a strong resiliant dwarvish lord on a mountain from shallow water with their melle attack, and you wonder how many goblin spearmen would die before the dwarvish lord did, and then you diside to do the math.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

I once did the math of an adept surviving a zerker, if someone had been trying it since the start of the universe it still probably wouldn't have happened.
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
Darn Penguin

Post by Darn Penguin »

265. You openly admit that this accursed 3-dimensional space associated with "real life" confuses you to no end.
Out with the old, in with the new.
Hi folks! Remember me? Please say no.
La_vie_en_Wose
Translator

Post by La_vie_en_Wose »

266. You look at the upcoming new Starcraft's screenshots and see all the defects.
If you really hate stupid people, get a girlfriend.
Drake Blademaster

Post by Drake Blademaster »

267. You read the new wesnoth changelog, and PM Dave, telling him all the bugs that you could tell would happen, just from reading that changelog.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Becephalus wrote:I once did the math of an adept surviving a zerker, if someone had been trying it since the start of the universe it still probably wouldn't have happened.
268. You've seen that happen. (I'm not saying I have.)
Darn Penguin

Post by Darn Penguin »

269. You see a ventriloquist act and think, "A talking quintain? this guy is even mightier than Delfador!"
Out with the old, in with the new.
Hi folks! Remember me? Please say no.
Stilgar

Post by Stilgar »

Tomsik wrote:
Drake Blademaster wrote:279 You're a veteran who's been playing since version 1.0, but you still think that you haven't been playing too long.
What if somebody remember 0.8.x times?
Then I've definitely been around too long :P

270: You remember when Elvish Shydes had green hair.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

271. You create a wesnoth unit of yourself for multiplayer games, and fight with an Elvish Shyde as ally.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Becephalus wrote:I once did the math of an adept surviving a zerker, if someone had been trying it since the start of the universe it still probably wouldn't have happened.
Are we talking a Strong Berserker attacking against a Quick Adept in shallow water, or a slowed, non-Strong Ulfserker attacking a Resilient Adept in a village? :P
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.