The South Guard

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

rulerofthewest

The South Guard

Post by rulerofthewest »

The last battle in The South Guard is easy to beat.You gust have to beat a lich.

If you have beat it tell me.
The master,rulerofthewest
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

SG has 2 different ending scenarios depending on your choice in scenario 5.
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
rulerofthewest

Post by rulerofthewest »

That is only in verson 1.2.1 I beat it in verson 1.2
Last edited by rulerofthewest on February 11th, 2007, 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
The master,rulerofthewest
BlackOpsElf

Post by BlackOpsElf »

This is because the campaign is aimed at first-time players. I think it's designed more as an extended tutorial than as a challenging campaign. That doesn't mean that it isn't well designed or fun; The South Guard was the first campaign I played, and it sold me on the strengths of the core game play elements of Wesnoth.

If you've finished The South Guard, and want something a tad more difficult, I'd try Heir to the Throne or (my favorite campaign) Under the Burning Suns.
Creator and Maintainer of "Where Angels Fear To Tread"
aelius

Post by aelius »

I'd add that I consider the ending (especially of the elf branch) weak, and sometime when school abates a bit I indend to rework it.

- b.
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever. - Antoine de Saint Exupery (of course)