The "Help Wesnoth" button, what's it do?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

The main problem that I have with them, is that I'm not entirely sure how they work.

I can get (mostly) the statistics that show up for IoA (although I wouldn't place any bets on my interpritations of it), but the line charts, with yellow and red (and other coloured) lines, which sometimes overlap, other times don't,I just don't get them, they confuse me.

Is there a page that explains them?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I've looked at the stats pages a couple of times, but I don't think they give anywhere near as much information as a single detailed post in the Campaign Feedback forum/
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

The graphs aren't paticularly useful, but if you go to the bottom and click statistics in detail, you can read the actual logs of people's games. I find this useful to see how long people are taking to win each scenario. I can then plug those numbers into a spreadsheet and try to get an average for long it is taking people to win.

Also having a scale on the graphs does make them somewhat more useful.
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

turin wrote:...but I don't think they give anywhere near as much information as a single detailed post in the Campaign Feedback forum.
I agree. There isn't the 'middle stage' of having to interpret a bunch of numbers.