Mainline Campaign Feedback Forum Discussion thread

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JW

Mainline Campaign Feedback Forum Discussion thread

Post by JW »

Great idea. WIll similar threads be started for the other official campaigns? That may be a good idea simply for organization purposes. You could even edit this thread to contain all the official campaign review threads with one post for each campaigns scenarios.
scott

Post by scott »

Good idea. I'll add them eventually.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
JW

Post by JW »

If I may make a suggestion as to how the scenario reviews are listed:

Instead of "Scenario Review: Elves Besieged" as the ttile format, how about: "Scenario Review - HttT: Elves Besieged"? Other reviews would look like: "Scenario Review - TroW: A Summer of Storms" and such. Before it wasn't necessary for such a listing, as HttT was the only campaign with review threads, but if more are added I think this would be beneficial.

I think I've said this before, but I'm a nut for organization. ;)

-edit-

Very hot, scott. Don't worry, "hot" is just what ultimate (frisbee) players say to describe awesomeness. ;)
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

I know this 'user forum' is meant to discuss the game... but if each official scenario is going to have it's own thread, that is a ton of threads.

If I may suggest, create an entirely seperate forum section between user forum and strategy and tips.

Official Campaign(s) discussion
This forum is for players to discuss and rate the official campaigns that are included with Wesnoth.
Moderators: Developers
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks when he has to say something."
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

SmokemJags wrote:If I may suggest, create an entirely seperate forum section between user forum and strategy and tips.
I would also suggest this. Put it right above "strategies and tips"...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

should people's questions about certain scenarios be addressed to these threads too? that might help reduce the clutter on the forums a bit too, while these threads can be used as proto FPIs for each campaign?
scott

Post by scott »

It's a good idea... I don't particularly like the idea of cluttered review threads, since I would might have to wade through several pages of Elensefar talk to see a new review about the scenario. I think scenario strategy threads might do well if they were self-organized like the campaigns are.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
JW

Post by JW »

scott wrote: I think scenario strategy threads might do well if they were self-organized like the campaigns are.
In which case there probably should be a seperate forum(s?).
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

It's a good idea... I don't particularly like the idea of cluttered review threads, since I would might have to wade through several pages of Elensefar talk to see a new review about the scenario. I think scenario strategy threads might do well if they were self-organized like the campaigns are.
These scenario review threads with 1-7 items to fill in should have their own forum section. No other threads should exist in that forum.

Scenario strategy, specific questions, and stuff like that can go elsewhere, like tips and strategies section.
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks when he has to say something."
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

I think a campaign feedback forum is a good idea. I'd like it to stay clean-- only level reviews, tips and stratagies should remain as they are, though it might be helpful to have a sticky "index" (like the top of this thread) pointing to different topics.

I don't see why we shouldn't include UCMs here as well, as long as they are:
  • being maintained,
    the maintainer wants this feedback,
    and the campaign is reasonably finished.
Campaign Feedback
This forum is for players to review and rate the Mainline and major user-made campaigns.
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

What about adding such forums for all campaigns? That would give all the campaign creators a chance to improve and make better campaigns next time.
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
Kess

Re: Forum Discussion thread

Post by Kess »

Perhaps merging all separate campaign indices into one sticky index? It might be easier to find the correct thread then, it would also mean less clutter among the stickies themselves.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Easier than a list with each: Campaign Name - Index? It would reduce the number of stickies quite a bit, but then the user would have to open one sticky, scan through the list to find their campaign and then scan through a smaller list to find the scenario.

If we had over a page of Mainline Campaigns, this might make more sense, but as it is it seems to just add an extra layer for little benefit.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Star Gazer

Post by Star Gazer »

Is this the right place to ask a 'curious' question? Didn't really want to start a new thread for such a minor point. :oops:

Would it be a good idea to have reorganise the list of available mainstream campaigns provided with the basic game into rough chronological sequence - it might given a better sense of the historical progress of Wesnoth...?
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Star Gazer wrote:Would it be a good idea to have reorganise the list of available mainstream campaigns provided with the basic game into rough chronological sequence - it might given a better sense of the historical progress of Wesnoth...?
Do you mean in game or in this forum? Because the stickies in this forum are listed in order of the last time someone posted....
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time