Mainline Campaign Feedback Forum Discussion thread

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Star Gazer

Re: Forum Discussion thread

Post by Star Gazer »

Ahh! Sorry, that was very poorly explained! :oops:

I meant within the game itself; when you open the 'Campaign' menu, then I was just looking at it earlier, and having played most of the scenarios, possibly all, (my memory isn't all it ought to be these days!) I was thinking that it might be more effective if they appeared in the same order as they occur chronologically in the history of Wesnoth. I understand that Heir to the Throne has appeared first as a convenient starting point for newbies, but...
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Ah okay, now I understand.

HttT is first for that reason, but actually the campaigns are listed based on their difficulty. All of the novice campaigns first, then the intermediate, and then the expert. Putting the campaigns in chronological order may seem to make more sense, but then there is the risk that a new player would try to go from one campaign to the next in order to play through the history, and then finds himself going from a novice to expert campaign.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Star Gazer

Post by Star Gazer »

Ahh, yes, I understand, an entirely different kind of logical order! OK, I'll shut up now... :)

Oh, by the way, it really is an extraordinarily good game; the AI is quite nasty, and presents a much better challenge than many expensive commercial games. ...and it doesn't lose a great amount of points for eye-candy any more! Well done you guys, I rave about Wesnoth whenever I get the chance!
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Yup, there is a method to the madness. ;)

Glad you enjoy it, and hopefully you pass it on to more people as well.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time