V1.5/1.6 - Scenario Review: LoW 14 - Human Alliance

Feedback for the mainline single-player campaign Legend of Wesmere.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

governor

V1.5/1.6 - Scenario Review: LoW 14 - Human Alliance

Post by governor »

(1) What difficulty levels and what version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
Mediam and Hard 1.5.6
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
1, however I had a well established army and entered the scenario with a lot of gold. 7 sylphs 3 shydes and 20 other lvl3's and lvl2's
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Clear
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
Enjoyed it.
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
None.
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
No ideas.
(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
Nope.
taemyr

Re: Scenario Review: LoW 14 - Ancient Alliance

Post by taemyr »

(1) What difficulty levels and what version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
Medium, 1.5.8
1, the human player is essentially able to fight of the two southern orcs.
Clear
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
Clear
None
3, The map is a bit too large. After defeating the two northern bosses I had to spend several turns just moving units south.
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Up the gold for the southern orcs.
(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?[/quote]
No.

This scenario shows as "Human alliance" rather than "Ancient alliance".
taemyr

Re: Scenario Review: LoW 14 - Ancient Alliance

Post by taemyr »

Hard, 1.5.8
2, the loyalist player is still too strong
Clear
Clear
None
Up the gold for the southern orcs.
(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
No.
Bircoph

Re: Scenario Review: LoW 14 - Human Alliance

Post by Bircoph »

1.5.10+svn-r32867; hard.

4. On hard level human ally is not sufficient to hold orcs from the south.

Clear.

Some more words may be said, especially at the prescedule end (when you defeat all enemies).

To save human ally. I can easly defeat orcs and troll north to me, but meanwhile ally will be dead, so I must split my forces in 3 parts. With low starting gold it is problematically.

Dunno. This is rather standard large-scaled battlefield or meatfield if speaking more precisely.

None.
Per aspera ad astra!
axelotl

Re: Scenario Review: LoW 14 - Human Alliance

Post by axelotl »

easy 1.6; hard 1.6.2

"Survive 25 turns" seems unnecessary.

Getting the horseman Aldun as one of my characters seems a little strange. Why is he working for the elves?

None. With the free return of all my level 3 characters plus some new level 1s, victory in the northern woods is assured. The humans can hold the southern orcs for as long as this takes.

4. Elves fighting in woodland tends to be a bit too easy.

Reduce the number of villages slightly, so that unaided humans would gradually lose against the southern orcs.

No.
Don't axe a little. Axe a lottle.