23 - End of War

Feedback for the mainline single-player campaign Legend of Wesmere.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Argesilao

Re: 23 - End of War

Post by Argesilao »

Playing with version 1.14.7, intermediate level, windows 10

When Landar is defeated, Kalenz says:

"Nooo! We cannot continue without Landar!"

and appear this error message:

<lua> Repeated [endlevel] execution. ignoring
Hestelvar

Post by Hestelvar »

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
Solider (Easy)
Starting Gold 387
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
4. About average for a finale.
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Could not be plainer: Defeat Lander.
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialogue and storyline of the scenario?
Clear and poignant, excellent.
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
None.
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
7. An enjoyable ending.
(7) What, if any, are the changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
None.
(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
None.
(9) If you know a bit of the Wesnoth Markup Language - do you think that the WML of this scenario is clear and well commented? If not which part would you like to be documented better?
I lack the expertise to locate it but there seems to be a minor bug here. At the end of the Landar’s final speech Kalenz exclaims “Nooo! We cannot continue without Landar!” the level ends and “<Lua> Repeated [endlevel] execution, ignoring” printed in the upper left corner.
Remarks:
I had sufficient forces to win without resorting to assassination tactics.

Campaign Review

A very good story, though we only get to know the three main characters. Good (Easy) difficulty balance that generally doesn’t require foreknowledge. However their are few really memorable scenario, (Human Alliance excepted) and after an excellent start the quality and originality of the later scenarios becomes somewhat inconsistent.

Challenge (Easy) - Below Average
Enjoyment (Easy) - Above Average
Rating 3.5/5
Attachments
LoW-End of War replay.bz2
(42.91 KiB) Downloaded 366 times
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

(1) What difficulty levels have you played the scenario on?

1.15.6, High Lord (Challenging)

3, Woses vs Elves (without mages) = Woses crush Elves. And that's what happened here as well.

Clear.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

I like how the presence of Elves in this forest is explained (reference to SotBE).

None.

8, if you don't care about losses. :D

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

-

Scenario stats:
Spoiler:
Campaign stats:
Spoiler:
Attachments
LoW-End of War replay 20201103-152316.gz
(61.96 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
JoelPera

Post by JoelPera »

(1) What difficulty levels have you played the scenario on?

1.14.14, High Lord (Challenging)

4. Would have been more difficult, hadn't it not been the last scenario. Free to be reckless and let the gold go negative.

Clear.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

A good ending to this epic story, Landar's dying words were good and clarified many things. Bonus how I discovered the dialogue when my sharpshooter (since scenario 1) slew the marshal (also with me since scenario 1) who was now on Landar's side. Her dialogue to him a nice surprise and added to how immersive it felt for me since Landar had so many of my veteran units whom I liked!

None.

8. Last mission so it was a decent face-off. I liked the fact that Landar took so many of my veterans and for roleplay sake tried to avoid fighting just those units. Icing on the cake was, I got to kill Landar by the oldest trick in the Elven books: Ranger ambush! Thus ending it slightly early with lesser casualties. Would have happened quicker hadn't all 3/4 of my avengers joing his side! Was so happy since in this entire LOW campaign, we never get a chance to do this trick heuehue.

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

N/A
Attachments
LoW-End of War replay.gz
(59.75 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Zrevnur

Post by Zrevnur »

(1) What difficulty levels and what version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
Wesnoth 1.14.11, High Lord (Challenging), no reloading during campaign, probably my only play of this scenario
2 in comparison with the rest of the campaign
Clear.
Clear.
None.
Its too easy.
Not being able to see the last known spot (+time, Edit: +#moves) of units on the map is very unfun. This should be a general feature though - its just particularly noticeable here due to hidden rangers. Unless such a feature already exists?
(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
No.
Attachments
LoW-End of War replay.gz
(64.48 KiB) Downloaded 273 times