Wesnoth 0.9.5

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

superabo

Post by superabo »

Does that offer extend to the general public? :-)
Star Gazer

Post by Star Gazer »

Yes, the Mac OSX seems to be lagging this time - who put the dev version on the Versiontracker site as the latest build?
Hellrider

Post by Hellrider »

If someone is interested i put online my compiled version of Wesnoth (built using XCode 2.1 on Mac OS X.4.2, so i don't know if it works with previous configurations)
It works without problems on my old G4 and it's even faster than Sith's official version..

To run Wesnoth just download it here (12.9 Mb), unzip it, then open the Terminal..

Drag and drop the wesnoth app on the terminal window and press Enter..
You should be running 0.9.5 for mac 8)

I used the Yousendit service so the file will be available for 7 days only..
Last edited by Hellrider on August 15th, 2005, 12:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Star Gazer

Post by Star Gazer »

Ho hum, sorry Hellrider, but I'm getting an 'invalid or stale' link on that connection.

Could you check it over and see if there is a solvable problem.

Thanks
Hellrider

Post by Hellrider »

Sorry you are right, i have now edited the link and it should work.. :wink: :D
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Hellrider wrote:Sorry you are right, i have now edited the link and it should work.. :wink: :D
How can a file that small contain all stuff from BfW? The source is 40+ megs...
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

scott wrote:You can try my version. I used the command line, so it will be a different experience than you're used to. Let me know if you want to give it a go.
What makes a command line build different from one built with for instance XCode?

Anyway, is the version available somewhere?
Hellrider

Post by Hellrider »

Ankka wrote:
Hellrider wrote:Sorry you are right, i have now edited the link and it should work.. :wink: :D
How can a file that small contain all stuff from BfW? The source is 40+ megs...

Have you tried it? The dmg is 13 Mb but when mounted you get a 63Mb file which contains all the files needed to run the game.. I have already played a few multiplayer games, anyway if you don't want, don't download it :wink:
I just made it available for those who don't want to wait for the "official" release..
darksteel

Post by darksteel »

I tried it... but what do you do with that black screen thing that pops up :?
The darksteel eye

For a wesnoth strategie guide click here----------> http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7109
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Hellrider wrote:
Ankka wrote:How can a file that small contain all stuff from BfW? The source is 40+ megs...

Have you tried it? The dmg is 13 Mb but when mounted you get a 63Mb file which contains all the files needed to run the game.. I have already played a few multiplayer games, anyway if you don't want, don't download it :wink:
I just made it available for those who don't want to wait for the "official" release..
Pretty nice compressing, then. :shock:

I think I might give it a try, if school stuff doesn't take too much time this week.
darksteel

Post by darksteel »

But what do you do with the thing that comes up in the wesnoth folder after download :?
The darksteel eye

For a wesnoth strategie guide click here----------> http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7109
Hellrider

Post by Hellrider »

I wrote that a few posts above..
Anyway copy it in your desktop folder then open up the terminal and drag and drop that "black thing" in the terminal's window.. Now you just need to press Enter to launch the game :D
rogue
Code Contributor

Post by rogue »

Hellrider wrote:I wrote that a few posts above..
Anyway copy it in your desktop folder then open up the terminal and drag and drop that "black thing" in the terminal's window.. Now you just need to press Enter to launch the game :D
Thanks for posting your build. Unfortunately, I get this:

Code: Select all

dyld: /Applications/wesnoth can't open library: /sw/lib/libSDL_image-1.2.0.dylib  (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
Trace/BPT trap
Any thoughts?
<rcarello>
darksteel

Post by darksteel »

I got that message to :evil:
The darksteel eye

scott

Post by scott »

That's the same problem we used to get when distributing the Xcode builds. The external libraries are being linked dynamically, which means the system assumes they will be there on your system. The other way to do it is to link statically, which I think means you include the libraries with the game.

At this point I think it would be easier to teach the mac people how to compile, since it was surprisingly easy with the command line (like ott has been saying this whole time). I have to say I still prefer the XCode version, but when in a pinch, do it yourself is ok.

There are instructions here: http://wesnoth.org/wiki/CompilingWesnothOnMacOSX
I added a summary at the end of the terminal section, and any instructions on how to do each step are included in the text above it.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.