Wesnoth 0.9.2

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ankka

Post by Ankka »

ihsan wrote:
Ankka wrote:Apple-intel announcement?
Apple decided to use Intel intead of IBM's CPUs.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20050603-4970.html
Rather interesting...
js138

SuSE 9.2 rpms

Post by js138 »

That stamp-po problem caught me as well... took me a while to track down why the spec file seemed to be looking for so much which wasn't there.

But anyway - Wesnoth 0.9.2 rpms for SuSE 9.2 available at:

http://www.eng.cam.ac.uk/~js138/wesnoth.html
darksteel

Post by darksteel »

[quote="mezz"]locale installation doesn't work anymore for some reason. I have gettext 0.14.4, Wesnoth 0.9.1 works fine but not 0.9.2. Here's log of build/installation:
[code]checking whether NLS is requested... yes
checking for msgfmt... /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... /usr/local/bin/xgettext
checking for msgmerge... /usr/local/bin/msgmerge

[...]

checking whether NLS is requested... yes
checking for GNU gettext in libc... no
checking for iconv... yes
checking for GNU gettext in libintl... yes
checking whether to use NLS... yes
checking where the gettext function comes from... external libintl
checking how to link with libintl... /usr/local/lib/libintl.so -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib

[...]

config.status: creating po/wesnoth/POTFILES
config.status: creating po/wesnoth/Makefile
config.status: creating po/wesnoth-editor/POTFILES
config.status: creating po/wesnoth-editor/Makefile
config.status: creating po/wesnoth-lib/POTFILES
config.status: creating po/wesnoth-lib/Makefile
config.status: creating po/wesnoth-httt/POTFILES
config.status: creating po/wesnoth-httt/Makefile
config.status: creating po/wesnoth-tdh/POTFILES
config.status: creating po/wesnoth-tdh/Makefile
config.status: creating po/wesnoth-sotbe/POTFILES
config.status: creating po/wesnoth-sotbe/Makefile
config.status: creating po/wesnoth-ei/POTFILES
config.status: creating po/wesnoth-ei/Makefile
config.status: creating po/wesnoth-trow/POTFILES
config.status: creating po/wesnoth-trow/Makefile
config.status: executing depfiles commands
config.status: executing translations commands
===> Building for wesnoth-0.9.2
gmake all-recursive
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/usr/home/mezz/commit/wesnoth/work/wesnoth-0.9.2'
Making all in po
gmake[2]: Entering directory `/usr/home/mezz/commit/wesnoth/work/wesnoth-0.9.2/po'
Making all in wesnoth
gmake[3]: Entering directory `/usr/home/mezz/commit/wesnoth/work/wesnoth-0.9.2/po/wesnoth'
gmake[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/mezz/commit/wesnoth/work/wesnoth-0.9.2/po/wesnoth'
Making all in wesnoth-editor
gmake[3]: Entering directory `/usr/home/mezz/commit/wesnoth/work/wesnoth-0.9.2/po/wesnoth-editor'

[...]

Making install in po
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/usr/home/mezz/commit/wesnoth/work/wesnoth-0.9.2/po'
Making install in wesnoth
gmake[2]: Entering directory `/usr/home/mezz/commit/wesnoth/work/wesnoth-0.9.2/po/wesnoth'
/bin/sh ../../config/mkinstalldirs /var/tmp/wesnoth/share
install: ./af.gmo: No such file or directory
installing ./af.gmo as /var/tmp/wesnoth/share/locale/af/LC_MESSAGES/wesnoth.mo
install: ./bg.gmo: No such file or directory
installing ./bg.gmo as /var/tmp/wesnoth/share/locale/bg/LC_MESSAGES/wesnoth.mo
install: ./ca.gmo: No such file or directory
[...goes on...][/code]
Any hint?[/quote]

So what do I do with this :?
The darksteel eye

For a wesnoth strategie guide click here----------> http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7109
penguin
macOS Packager

Post by penguin »

darksteel wrote:Is it just me or is the lobby different in 9.2????? :?

The music is a little different

and the konrad symbal before you open the game is back to its earlier stages not the one that was there in 9.1
I don't have anything to do with the other two, but the icon I just haven't updated. Really it would be good if someone could make an icon the right size actually for use as an icon - I don't think either of the pictures of konrad scale well.
Attila wrote:I'm using 10.3 and when I try to open it the icon shows up for half a second and then disappears and it doesn't start.
That's very odd. Maybe try downloading it again? That shouldn't be the problem, since it probably wouldn't let you mount a broken disk image, but you never know - and I can't think of anything else.
js

Post by js »

Any hope of an OSX10.2.8 version of 0.9.2?
mezz

Post by mezz »

darksteel wrote:
mezz wrote:locale installation doesn't work anymore for some reason. I have gettext 0.14.4, Wesnoth 0.9.1 works fine but not 0.9.2. Here's log of build/installation:
<snip>
Any hint?
So what do I do with this :?
Please read the whole thread. I replied to my own right under that with the solution.
scott

Post by scott »

I have a Mac OS X build available at http://www.cis.rit.edu/~slk8779/wesnoth ... _0.9.2.dmg

I don't think it works with 10.2 but you never know (sorry!). Hopefully this can hold some people over until the official version is released. It's ~36 Mb.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

scott wrote:I have a Mac OS X build available at http://www.cis.rit.edu/~slk8779/wesnoth ... _0.9.2.dmg

I don't think it works with 10.2 but you never know (sorry!). Hopefully this can hold some people over until the official version is released. It's ~36 Mb.
Quite a slow server you have...

Or, it is quite slow, whoseever it is.
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

I downloaded scott's version, it opens the dmg fine and so on, untli I try to launch the game. Then nothing happens. Well, I right-click it and select open. Still nothing.

Never had any problem like this before...

Ah, found the error too:

Code: Select all

dyld: /<snip>/Battle For Wesnoth can't open library: /usr/local/lib/libfreetype6.dylib  (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Apparently the official mac version is released now... or am I wrong?
js

Post by js »

Anybody know if the official release for OS X works on 10.2.8?
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

js wrote:Anybody know if the official release for OS X works on 10.2.8?
I doubt it will. Or that's what the talk has been sounding like here...

I forgot to thank the packager of the OS X release. Thanks a lot for doing it. :)
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Noy wrote:If you think a 7-3 FS Pierce and 6-1 pierced ranged + first strike = 7-3 Blade and 9-2 Crush Melee, you're dreaming. The Spearman is completely reliant on one attack, pierce. Having Blade and crush enables the fighter to be a far more effective melee attack unit than the Spearman could ever hope to be. Sorry you don't have a leg to stand on there.
Care to support this with evidence?
Noy wrote:No, now you're changing your argument. You said campaigns, not eras or factions. let me quote you one more time:
pillager wrote:that it's a cheap way to help multiplayer but it hurts era and campaign designers
(bold mine)
Noy wrote:If that happened we'd have a boring boring game. People don't play units, they play strategies. You want to have different strategies vs each faction so that
Very true.
Noy wrote:Units inherently shouldn't be balanced against one another.
Some units should be weak to other units, while stronger than others to themselves.
The end result of your suggestion is having less major resistances and units being fairly bland, because everybody has a chance to kill everything else.
Ah, there's the inherent differnece that you don't understand about my point.[1] I do not wish to balance the units against each other; I wish to balance them on a universal field. No such field exists, which is why we estimate, which cannot be avoided in any case. Since those last two statements probably made no sense, this is how I suggest they be balanced: Taking all possible strategies into account. It still isn't possible to do that, so you estimate. You estimate anyway, so that's not a problem. I hope you understand now. I'm sorry I'm being so confusing.
Noy wrote:No, if you wanted to put together an era you can pick or chose from the units we had. Default is the baseline. Thats what it is intended to be. I and most others agree that Wesnoth needs one balanced era that most people play, rather than being a hodge podge of compromises for different things that some people may find interesting in awhile.
Of course the majority agrees. The majority are not campaign designers, they are campaign players. They are not era and map designers, they are era and map users. Users, on the whole, don't give a fig for the convenience of the designers. I would like the designers to speak on this matter.

[1]: I'm not even sure that we have different opinions, rather than each of us misunderstanding the other...
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
ripter254

im confused

Post by ripter254 »

why is there no scenario editor in the new version, i tried using the old one and installing the campaigns onto this one but it says its missing something
. :?:
dot kill me, i can do that myself.
penguin
macOS Packager

Post by penguin »

The official one is the same one I posted; I told Sithrandel about it, and he said since I'd made one already, he'd focus on getting wesnoth to compile in XCode 2.1, and do the next release. I forgot that Sithrandel's releases come with his scenario editor; I'm pretty sure though, that it wouldn't have changed in the last release, and so you could just use the copy you got with 0.9.1 - it is independant of the wesnoth code.

While I did build it was the 10.2.8 SDK, I goes it doesn't work in 10.2.8-, because the libraries it uses require things in 10.3+ (I assume that's the problem anyway - I don't have 10.2 to test.) It would be theoretically possible for me to include everything it needs, that'd be a lot of work, and I couldn't even test it.