1.10.0 to 1.10.1 ?

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

onomastikon

1.10.0 to 1.10.1 ?

Post by onomastikon »

Excuse me, I hope this is the correct place to ask: I have 1.10.0 and like it much, I see that 1.10.1 is out. I am a windows user and computer illiterate, and I HAVE searched and read the faq and this thread http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?t=31332,but I still have two questions: Do I need to

a. download the entire 1.10.1 package and install that over 1.10.0
b. Do a., but uninstall 1.10.0 first
c. do something different?

Also, I am working through the HttT campaign and would not want to break my saves and have to start over -- would installing 1.10.1 risk breaking a save, especially if option (b) above is the correct one?

thank you much in advance
Max

Re: 1.10.0 to 1.10.1 ?

Post by Max »

uninstalling the previous version doesn't hurt, it keeps the start menu (and the list of installed programms) tidy.

only the files that have been installed will be deleted, which means that your userdata (including saves and preferences) will not be touched. if you install the new version it will automatically use the old userdata directory.
if you chose to put userdata in the install path you have to install it in the same location (i think the default is fine because it doesn't contain the version number).
onomastikon wrote:Also, I am working through the HttT campaign and would not want to break my saves and have to start over -- would installing 1.10.1 risk breaking a save, especially if option (b) above is the correct one?
everything should be fine according to the changelog...
onomastikon

Post by onomastikon »

Thank you very much!
Might be an idea to put info like this in the FAQ for the computer-illiterate such as myself.
BurningSuns

Post by BurningSuns »

Thank you very much for new wesnoth version !