android support

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

misterk1

android support

Post by misterk1 »

I see that the IPad is supported, but when will android be supported? If it is what do I need to download to play it.
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Re: android support

Post by ivanovic »

It will be supported when someone manages to port it to android. Until this is the case, android does not have a Wesnoth release.
misterk1

Post by misterk1 »

Sucks will have wait till then. Love the game.
KylePoole
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by KylePoole »

The "official" Android port is in the final stages of testing now, just waiting to get my hands on some real devices, so it should only be another few weeks...
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

I *should* have my hands on a device within a week, but then that has been the case since november 15. (yes, my supplier has supply problems)

I'd love to test this port too.
DroidGamers

Post by DroidGamers »

hah I was just about to start work on porting this to Android, just finished downloading everything and then I see this! If you need to testers feel free to get in touch as I have plenty of Android devices at my disposal.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

DroidGamers wrote:hah I was just about to start work on porting this to Android, just finished downloading everything and then I see this!
Man, it would be awesome if there were more people like this, who see a need for some kind of port, and just decide to start working on one themselves. :D
DroidGamers

Post by DroidGamers »

I agree! This will be my first attempt at porting something. It'll be a learning experience. All my Android development has been strickly Android from the start, nothing with porting. It shouldn't be too hard (hopefully, famous last words)
daddy32

Post by daddy32 »

I registered just to say:
If needed, I can provide obsessive testing on my HTC Desire android phone (which is quite common and shares most of the architecture with Nexus 1). I am in love with turn based strategies and Wesnoth in particular, so I'm willing to invest many hours.
Aitie

Post by Aitie »

I have HTC Desire Z, if testing is needed I would be happy to help.
Haudegen

Post by Haudegen »

I could do some testing on a Samsung Galaxy Tab.
niceguy250

Post by niceguy250 »

Just joined to say I could test on Droid X if needed.
Drednawt

Post by Drednawt »

KylePoole wrote:The "official" Android port is in the final stages of testing now, just waiting to get my hands on some real devices, so it should only be another few weeks...
I'm pretty excited to hear this! :)

I picked up an HTC Evo Shift 4G to replace my old HTC Touch Pro winmo. While poking around for apps online I came across Wesnoth for iPhone, and was thrilled to stumble across this post shortly after. If you need another tester, I'd be happy to help.
Diablal

Post by Diablal »

I'm really willing to play wesnoth on my samsung galaxy S so you can count on me for the beta testing.

And congrats in advance.
ivolucas

Post by ivolucas »

KylePoole where we can find your work(Sources)

If you need a beta tester count me in (I have a LG GW620 whit froyo).