Wesnoth 1.3.12

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Dave wrote:
assassin wrote:Boy I sure have, I look on this site for it about once every 3 hours if not more I mean this is probly the slowest it has ever been! The thing i don't get is I thought this newest versions main change was that it fixed the internet bug for windoze users and yet where is the download?
Since YOU obviously feel very strongly about it why haven't YOU taken the time to work out how to install a C++ compiler and then compile the Windows binary yourself within minutes of the source code release?
And the point here being that the reason the windows packager hasn't done it yet is the due to the same reasons why everyone else who hasn't done it yet hasn't (even if they had the skills and knowledge).
Haibane

Post by Haibane »

assassin wrote:Boy I sure have, I look on this site for it about once every 3 hours if not more I mean this is probly the slowest it has ever been! The thing i don't get is I thought this newest versions main change was that it fixed the internet bug for windoze users and yet where is the download?
And he gave us quite good reason why it's not ready yet, while it's not his duty to inform us about progress. What's more, it's not his duty to make win binary. You should be happy he will do it.
If it's all a dream, now wake me up. If it's all real, just kill me.
assassin

Post by assassin »

Ok ok ok point taken if I even new what the binary thingy was about I might try to do it but I don't ut yes point taken I will put a sock in it lol
Interested in a LORD OF THE RINGS YAHOO GROUP THEN CHECK OUT http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Ring_of_Doom/
My MP name is aldarion!
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

I tried several times myself, and failed. I'm not knowledgeable about the subject enough yet
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Have patience.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

Lots of spoiled children in here it seems. It takes as long as it does and the world won't stop spinning if the windows binary isn't ready for a few days or weeks. The build procedure is changing, it takes time untill all packages are adapted.

Whine more and I'll simply lock the thread. Yogi can then still post to announce the package when it's ready.
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
waterd103

Post by waterd103 »

it would be nice if at least one could join the 1.3.11 server...but not, i can't play wesnoth now :(
yeah yeah, i can use 1.2.8, but after i wsa told that 1.3 is more balanced, i can't enjoy 1.2.8
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

I can see that the 1.3.11 server is still up, so what's the problem ?
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
waterd103

Post by waterd103 »

err, it just kicks me out since yesterday...
CarpeGuitarrem

Post by CarpeGuitarrem »

Meh, I can wait. 1.2.8 will be fine for me.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Well, considering that windows users couldn't use the main 3.11 build anyways Noyga, they've been waiting to play the dev version again for much longer than a couple days.

Granted, there were bugfixes - but these were ironically buggy, and the one I used for a little bit started crashing, so I'm on stable too.

I think that the fact that stable exists is a good point, and I'm fine with using it.

But I still really really miss dev MP :x.
Mist
Inactive Developer

Post by Mist »

zookeeper wrote:
Dave wrote: Since YOU obviously feel very strongly about it why haven't YOU taken the time to work out how to install a C++ compiler and then compile the Windows binary yourself within minutes of the source code release?
And the point here being that the reason the windows packager hasn't done it yet is the due to the same reasons why everyone else who hasn't done it yet hasn't (even if they had the skills and knowledge).
Search and it'll be found :P

If you searched Release Announcements, Compiling, and Installation forum you'd notice a sticked Windows compilation thread (including tools and some helpful downloads) in place for at least last two days. If you can't even bother to read such things (whit the downloads posted it's actualy get'n'hit-a-button kind of thing), don't even try moaning at Yogi for not preparing a package.
Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep.
Disorder.
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

Windows binaries are ready, finally:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wesnot ... e?download

This is done with a completely new compiler (which is why it took longer than usual) for mainly two reasons:
The old compiler is so heavily outdated that it becomes more of a burden than a pleasure. More and more code simply doesn't compile and it's getting more and more tedious to adapt it all the time.

The python license problem restricted me to provide Python 2.3 so far. Now i can make use of a project (pyMinGW) that removes dependencies on some dubious microsoft DLL, where no one really knows under which circumstances it can be distributed.
This release therefore comes with Python 2.4, which all python developers will probably greatly appreciate.

One final note: Please be a little forgiving. This is the first try of a release with major changes in making it up and it may have some flaws that do not show up on my machine, because it has a couple of dev tools installed which you are missing. If you find something not working for you, please let me know and i see what i can do.

Have fun :)

Edit:
This thread makes me think about if i really want to read the same things over and over again. People have mentioned it already and it's true: I have a real life (and i can tell you, it's quite a busy one at the moment).

Maybe it's time to step aside and have someone with more time resources take my place. If you are interested, please contact me and i will provide you with project files, translation scripts, release scripts, installer configuration etc.
However, if it comes to compiling, you should have some experience already, because you will need to change a few things here and there from release to release.
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

Yogi Bear, thank you!
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
paris

Post by paris »

OLE

at last!

*Its ok Yogi Bear we can understand