When's 1.3.10 Coming Out?

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dragonchampion

When's 1.3.10 Coming Out?

Post by Dragonchampion »

I heard Shadow Master say that production on 1.3.10 has started. When does it come out?
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

It is ready when it's ready. Wesnoth doesn't have a set release date for its releases afaik.

If you want to play the absolute latest version, get SVN and use that version (but it doesn't work with MP well and doesn't go to the devel server, so it's useless for MP). Note that SVN has to be manually updated every time you want it updated, so you may want to allow some time to download and recompile if you want the latest version every time you play (and note that this could break saves).
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

It is ready when it is ready.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Aethaeryn wrote:If you want to play the absolute latest version, get SVN and use that version (but it doesn't work with MP well and doesn't go to the devel server, so it's useless for MP). Note that SVN has to be manually updated every time you want it updated, so you may want to allow some time to download and recompile if you want the latest version every time you play (and note that this could break saves).
A few clarifications.

1) See http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/MultiplayerServers and copy the MP server address for the development branch. Then, to play MP with svn builds you just need to go to main menu -> Multiplayer -> Other servers and specify the MP server manually.

2) Usually svn updates are faster to download, because they are small. Of course, if you let it pass a month or two, you'll have a bigger update to download...
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
HaJo
Inactive Developer

Post by HaJo »

Shadow Master wrote:2) Usually svn updates are faster to download,
Using the latest version via svn also means, you have to compile it.
Depending on your machine, the location and amount of changes,
this may take from a few minutes up to an hour...
-HaJo