Wesnoth 1.1.7

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

tatali0n wrote:If I've just started a new HTTT campaign on 1.1.5 if I now go and install 1.1.7, will the 1.1.5 save-games run in the new version? I'm guessing not, but thought I'd ask rather than just assume . . !
They should work. I'd imagine you might get some graphical glitches (teamcolouring not working right, for example) with existing or recallable units, but otherwise they should work.
tatali0n

Post by tatali0n »

Excellent. Thank-you!

I would have tried it for myself, but if it hadn't of worked then I'd have been stuck between re-starting the current campaign again or reinstalling the old version. And I won't get home till gone 11pm tonight, so at least now I can struggle through the rest of my working day with my curiosity sated and let my anticipation build unrestrained :lol:
flava_clown

Post by flava_clown »

zookeeper wrote:
tatali0n wrote:If I've just started a new HTTT campaign on 1.1.5 if I now go and install 1.1.7, will the 1.1.5 save-games run in the new version? I'm guessing not, but thought I'd ask rather than just assume . . !
They should work. I'd imagine you might get some graphical glitches (teamcolouring not working right, for example) with existing or recallable units, but otherwise they should work.
okay my save game isn't for a mainline campaign, but it doesn't work!
if i click on "load" and answer then with "yes", wesnoth crashes with an error msg.
Attachments
error_msg_01.jpg
error_msg_01.jpg (15.87 KiB) Viewed 7123 times
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
Viliam
Translator

Post by Viliam »

Anything interesting in "C:\Program Files\Wesnoth\stderr.txt"?
flava_clown

Post by flava_clown »

since i've downgraded to 1.1.5, i can't show the text... but the last entry was about a missing unit. but the unit is there and i am pretty sure if i play the campaign with 1.1.7 from the beginning to the scenario from the save game, then wesnoth would find the unit.
It isn't hard to do
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
Kavlax

Post by Kavlax »

when I loaded my 1.5 campaign to 1.7 all my saved units lost their hp bonuses from their resilient and strong attributes
flava_clown

Post by flava_clown »

Viliam wrote:Anything interesting in "C:\Program Files\Wesnoth\stderr.txt"?
i've installed 1.1.7 again and tried once again to load a save game, but a bit different than the first time.

1. installed 1.1.7
2. started it
3. changed the settings
4. closed wesnoth (because i knew it will crash and i wasn't in the mood to change the settings again)
5. clicked on "load" (this time no error msg/crash)
6. in the diaologue (which appered without to say that i have "old" save games) i choosed a save game and recieved the error msg below!

here is the stderr.txt

Code: Select all

Battle for Wesnoth v1.1.7
Started on Sat Jul 01 18:07:30 2006

started game: 0
Checking video mode: 1024x768x32...
setting mode to 1024x768x32
locale could not be determined; defaulting to system locale
WARNING: setlocale() failed for .
found valid cache at 'D:/Wesnoth/userdata/cache/game.cfg-cache-v1.1.7-MEDIUM-NORMAL' using it
loadscreen: filesystem counter = 176
loadscreen: binarywml counter = 9733
loadscreen: setconfig counter = 221
loadscreen: parser counter = 210
started music
showing title screen...
Loading tips of day
title screen returned result
no valid cache found. Writing cache to 'D:/Wesnoth/userdata/cache/game.cfg-cache-v1.1.7-CAMPAIGN_DESPAIR_AND_DECAY-EASY'
error config: Error: invalid string
error config: Error: invalid string
Attachments
error_msg_02.jpg
error_msg_02.jpg (22.23 KiB) Viewed 6962 times
It isn't hard to do
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
zaimoni

Post by zaimoni »

That looks familiar :(

While I don't see any random maps in DaD, there may be other ways to invoke the RNG before initialization in single-player mode.
BlackOpsElf

Post by BlackOpsElf »

Does anyone else notice that the Saurians are messed up in this release?

All the image files are there, except for the Saurian Tribalist, but the unit cfgs for the Tribalist and the Soothsayer are missing, and many of the other Saurians only reference a single image file for all of the attacks, the movement, and the defence. Is this a known issue? It could have something to do with the Saurian team coloring not being done, maybe?
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

BlackOpsElf wrote:Does anyone else notice that the Saurians are messed up in this release?

All the image files are there, except for the Saurian Tribalist, but the unit cfgs for the Tribalist and the Soothsayer are missing, and many of the other Saurians only reference a single image file for all of the attacks, the movement, and the defence. Is this a known issue? It could have something to do with the Saurian team coloring not being done, maybe?
It's because you just installed the new version over the old one. Reinstall into a new location and/or delete the current installation.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
BlackOpsElf

Post by BlackOpsElf »

Soliton wrote: It's because you just installed the new version over the old one. Reinstall into a new location and/or delete the current installation.
Nope, did that, still have the same problem. The images for Tribalist are gone, and the Soothsayer uses his base graphic for all his attacks.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

BlackOpsElf wrote:The images for Tribalist are gone, and the Soothsayer uses his base graphic for all his attacks.
Funny thing, there is no Tribalist unit in this release. (it's been renamed since 1.1.2 actually)
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
BlackOpsElf

Post by BlackOpsElf »

Soliton wrote:
BlackOpsElf wrote:The images for Tribalist are gone, and the Soothsayer uses his base graphic for all his attacks.
Funny thing, there is no Tribalist unit in this release. (it's been renamed since 1.1.2 actually)
That would do it, then. :)
afxgroup

Post by afxgroup »

just compiled the 1.1.7 version for AmigaOS4 too..

Hope i can see AmigaOS on the trailer too one day.. :)

Regards,
Andrea Palmate'
http://www.amigasoft.net
icer

Post by icer »

mjs-de wrote:Gentoo ebuild are updated, too.

http://www.dorf.wh.uni-dortmund.de/priv ... th-dev.tbz

It took some time, but there´s a world outside wesnoth, too.
But its a small one ;-)
Thanks for the ebuilds!

Downloading... :D
Emerge Victorious! USE = Gentoo linux