Wesnoth 1.12 map loading error message

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
khelben1979

Wesnoth 1.12 map loading error message

Post by khelben1979 »

I have worked on a new map (it took me a very long time) and when I'm trying to load the map, I get the error message that you can see from this attached file. I have tried to create new maps by copy and paste smaller areas of the map, in case the file has gotten damaged in some way? but nothing works! So I don't know what to do!

Do you guys see any simple solution to this, or do I just need a create a whole new map? I think I spent 13 to 14 hours on it, so I would be very glad if I got it working! Thank you in advance! By the way, the previous maps has been working just fine! I'm trying to figure out what tile I've been using from the Wesnoth 1.12 editor that is not supported by the Wesnoth 1.12 game.
Attachments
MAP_ERROR_MESSAGE.png
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Wesnoth 1.12 map loading error message

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

As you can see, there is one UMC terrain type which is not loaded in #ifdef MULTIPLAYER. Perhaps load the map in editor and swap out that one for a terrain type found in core?
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
khelben1979

Post by khelben1979 »

The message is very cryptic for me, but I tried to locate the text pattern in a text editor and remove it, but it didn't work so good (I kept the original file of course).

Do you have any idea from that message, the location of this tile? Loading it up in the Wesnoth editor still works okay, so I know there shouldn't be any file corruption going on.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Do you have any idea from that message, the location of this tile? Loading it up in the Wesnoth editor still works okay, so I know there shouldn't be any file corruption going on.
Well, there's the usual hack:
1. Open the map in a texteditor
2. Use the Find to search up the tile that is throwing the error
3. Substitute it with Gg.
4. Save and then load

Your initial attempt didn't work since removing the tile causes the map dimensions to "collapse".

Another way is using the map-editor to load the map file and then enabling "Show Terrain Codes" option. Should be a Cc icon...maybe?
and then searching the terrain which causing this (It maybe a village hex) and then using another terrain type instead.

Also, don't mind me asking but why are you still on 1.12.6? There is 1.14.15 available and 1.15 as well.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
khelben1979

Post by khelben1979 »

I'm sitting on an old computer, where as it's not possible to use a newer version of Wesnoth. I'm looking forward to test 1.14 or even 1.15 later this year.

I will definitely try what you suggested here, and let you know if I'll get it working! Thanks for the help! :)