Elves' Last Stand

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
JoelPera

Elves' Last Stand

Post by JoelPera »

Before I file a formal bug, I just want to confirm that the Dwarves are supposed to help me right? I'm on turn 15 and with high difficulty, no sign so far. Tough fight but I'm still winning. Hopefully, I should be able to keep the orcs under 15 units to satisfy the victory condition.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Elves' Last Stand

Post by Pentarctagon »

I'm not sure what you're talking about, to be honest. Can you provide more details?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
JoelPera

Post by JoelPera »

Oh yes, the Legend of Wesmere campaign called Elves' Last Stand. I just finished it and lol, the dwarves' arrival was buggy. So basically I now completed the mission by keeping the enemy below 15 units at turn 17 and they fled. Landar said "Follow them". Galrid said "No". THEN Orlurf the dwarf arrives with his dialogue "Think we'd let you have all the fun blah blah", "let's fight". Then again Galrid said "Victory!", and had another of the victory condition dialogues.

I'll file a bug report then.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

In 1.14 you have to win before they'll turn up. That was changed between 1.12 and 1.14, in c565f92af248842b22d3ad3705ba333d163d6923.

> I'm not sure what you're talking about, to be honest. Can you provide more details?

I'm reckonin' the elf's playing LoW S07, an' he's a-hoping that we're going to be turning up, shouting "Up Axes!" an' sortin' some o' those orcs fer 'im. Nah, not a'for S09.

Edit: created #5229 to make the dialogue fit a bit better.
JoelPera

Post by JoelPera »

Thanks kind sir for doing that!