Battery indicator messed-up

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Yomar

Battery indicator messed-up

Post by Yomar »

Since no one reported it yet (I think, cause searching the forum don't gave me results), I noticed that the indicator on top of the screen that shows the remaining battery power is always mangled, I cant read the numbers, this happens on various configurations, with Win10.
Beheld the origins of BFW.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
enclave

Re: Battery indicator messed-up

Post by enclave »

As for me I tried to use 1.14.5 default theme and I don't see battery indicator at all (I'm not on laptop, maybe that's why). Some people told that they don't see observers anymore.
But since I use classic pre1.12 theme the battery indicator is completely messed up there, it sits on the clock, you cant see clock, etc.. no even point to explain in details, short description could be "total mess" and it shows me battery on my NON-laptop PC.. guess how much I care about my battery charge..
So I went back to 1.14.4 until I find time to go and manually fix the classic theme for 1.14.5 (copy paste just made wesnoth crash, so I have to go edit it carefuly)
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

enclave, the crash when you edited the theme might be because of https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/issues/3582. On a desktop PC on 1.14.5 you have to have [battery] in the theme if you have the countdown/clock. This is already fixed for 1.14.6.

As to the rest, yes, I see the problem with latest 1.14:
Screenshot_2018-11-25_08-01-29.png
Screenshot_2018-11-25_08-01-29.png (9.35 KiB) Viewed 3031 times
Looks like a bug.
enclave

Post by enclave »

josteph wrote: November 25th, 2018, 8:02 am On a desktop PC on 1.14.5 you have to have [battery] in the theme if you have the countdown/clock. This is already fixed for 1.14.6.
Thank you josteph, I will skip 1.14.5 then and go for 1.14.6 when it's out. Will save me time editing things.
jyrkive
Inactive Developer

Post by jyrkive »

Hi, I'm the secondary author of the battery indicator.

I haven't seen this problem myself. My own PC is a desktop PC, but when I edit the game code (C++ code, to be specific) to force the battery indicator to be displayed, it looks just fine. (Well, the change it displays is 255 %, which is an error value [as expected for a desktop PC that doesn't even have a battery], but other than that it's okay.)

I'm afraid there isn't really anything I can do about a bug I can't reproduce...
josteph wrote: November 25th, 2018, 8:02 am enclave, the crash when you edited the theme might be because of https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/issues/3582. On a desktop PC on 1.14.5 you have to have [battery] in the theme if you have the countdown/clock. This is already fixed for 1.14.6.
It's #3599, not #3582. 3599 has been fixed for 1.14.6, but the fix for 3582 is exclusive to the master branch (upcoming 1.15 series).
jyrkive
Inactive Developer

Post by jyrkive »

Update: josteph clarified in Discord that the issue only affects the classic theme. That one I haven't tested, so the bug may be easily reproducible and fixable.
jyrkive
Inactive Developer

Post by jyrkive »

Fixed in commit f78887fb. The fixes will be in 1.14.6.