Polish translation bug(s)

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Polish translation bug(s)

Post by Dragonking »

Well, if we are talking about translations.... in polish version is too something wrong - I can see in menu "G?ówne menu^Kampania" which mean "Main Menu^Campaign" : all menu buttons have added "G?ówne Menu" before right part (well, except button "About" - no translation) - maybe something wrong in code or translation file? I can't see polish letters like ? ? ? too. Can letetrs be added?

Edit:
All polish letters has been replaced to ? after posting it.
Attachments
Polish missing letters and what can I see instead of them
Polish missing letters and what can I see instead of them
letterspl.jpg (1.71 KiB) Viewed 7219 times
silene

Re: Polish translation bug(s)

Post by silene »

Dragonking wrote:Well, if we are talking about translations.... in polish version is too something wrong - I can see in menu "G?ówne menu^Kampania" which mean "Main Menu^Campaign" : all menu buttons have added "G?ówne Menu" before right part (well, except button "About" - no translation) - maybe something wrong in code or translation file?
Which release of Wesnoth are you using? This bug in the polish translation is fixed since 0.8.7.
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Post by Dragonking »

Now 0.8.8 of course - I saw this bug in 0.8.7 and 0.8.5 too. I have Win 98SE
silene

Post by silene »

Dragonking wrote:Now 0.8.8 of course - I saw this bug in 0.8.7 and 0.8.5 too
Then please verify the game is correctly installed. The bug was indeed in 0.8.5, but the translation was corrected after the release, so it means you are still using 0.8.5 translation files.
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Post by Dragonking »

I removed all game files and downloaded latest version - problem still exist. I checked translation files and in wesnoth... -lib.mo -httt.mo -ei.mo -sotbe.mo -trow.mo -tdh.mo I can find line "Project-Id-Version: Battle for Wesnoth 0.8.5-CVS" - those are translation files from 0.8.5?
silene

Post by silene »

Dragonking wrote:I can find line "Project-Id-Version: Battle for Wesnoth 0.8.5-CVS" - those are translation files from 0.8.5?
Not necessarily, this string is not automatically updated, so it may not be up-to-date. Just after this string though, there should be a "POT-Creation-Date" string that is automatically updatable. You can use it to guess which version you really have.
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Post by Dragonking »

POT-Creation-Date: 2004-09-16 14:31+0200
PO-Revision-Date: 2004-09-18 22:36-0000
This is rather old file - looks like from time when 0.8.4 was relased. So why this file is with 0.8.8 version?
silene

Post by silene »

Dragonking wrote:This is rather old file - looks like from time when 0.8.4 was relased. So why this file is with 0.8.8 version?
This file is not in the 0.8.8 release as we released it (we only do source release). So you will have to tell us which wesnoth you did get and where you did get it.
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Post by Dragonking »

Wesnoth 0.8.8 for windows, from this site
Piter

Post by Piter »

Hi, I have the same problem with polish translation. I've dowloaded ver. 0.8.8 for Windows, made by Dave I think. At least I took it from link in the 0.8.8 annoucment.
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

There was somehow the same error with the german translation. The old translations from 0.8.4 were used. If you just copy the pl.mo files from the folder "...\Wesnoth\po\wesnoth\LC_MESSAGES\pl.mo" to "...\Wesnoth\po\pl\LC_MESSAGES\wesnoth.mo" and do the same with all the other specific files it should work.
We had to do the same with the german version, told Dave about the prob and it seemed, as if he fixed it two days after the first release of wesnoth 0.8.8. You have to do this with all the filesin the special folders. If you have a look at the date of the files in /pl you will see, that they are very ol. The correct ones are in different folders. But windows does not use these pathes.
I hope this helps you to fix the prob.
Heres the old thread about it: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3900
And I did the same workaround for you, I did for the german Guys. Just download the zip-file and overwrite all the files in your ..../po/pl/LCblabla-folder
Piter

Post by Piter »

Thanks ivanovic, now it is much better, but stil there is much work to do with this translation :?
pstradomski

Post by pstradomski »

Hi there.

The polish translation is being updated. As silene have said, the bug with polish letters have been fixed around 0.8.7. If anyone is interested in helping with the translation, please get in touch with me at <pstradomski@poczta.gazeta.pl>.

There is a page in the Wiki, "Polish translation". You may be interested in taking a look at it.

Paweł Stradomski.