Can't Auto Save in certain scenarios

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
SinGin

Can't Auto Save in certain scenarios

Post by SinGin »

So...yeah, first post. Not a huge problem, as it doesn't really affect gameplay in an noticeable way, but it's still a bit bothersome.

On certain scenarios in multiplayer I get an error message: "Could not auto save the game. Please save the game manually.save_game_failed: Could not write to file."

So far I have seen it on Dark Forecast and Team Survival. Yes, I admit, survival is my favorite style. It's, again, not game breaking. The scenario works fine, it's just a bit bothersome because at the start of each turn I get that pop-up telling me that it couldn't auto save.

I am running the latest version of Wesnoth on a Windows 7 Home Edition SP 3, having used the windows installer to install Wesnoth.

Hope you guys know a way to get rid of these pop-ups, they make my favorite scenarios a bit annoying. Thanks in Advance!
AI
Developer

Re: Can't Auto Save in certain scenarios

Post by AI »

Which language are you running under? This is frequently a case of the translated name not mapping to the windows locale properly. (we have… issues with unicode on windows)
SinGin

Re: Can't Auto Save in certain scenarios

Post by SinGin »

English

EDIT: Actually it was the language setting, as I had played imported games, and had changed the system language to the relevant language for it to display properly. Thanks for the help, else I would have properly been sitting here wondering for the rest of this PC's life. Issue resolved, thread may be closed.