Fps

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
tribes45

Fps

Post by tribes45 »

I've been experiencing Horrible fps lag on this game, when I didn't on my old computer, which is weird, this one has better system specs.

System Specs:
Intel Core2 Duo CPU 38400 @ 3.00GHZ
2.5GB RAM,
NVIDIA GEFORcE 9400GT

68GB free space

WINDOWS XP, SP3
1.10.1, I know know what it means by language. English?

I've tried adjusting the resolution, it does nothing. I've played this game for several years, but just now am Experiencing this issue. Could someone please help? I've tried multiple things and Don't want to resort to disabling unit Animations etc...

Thanks for your time.
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
"Two things are infinite, the universe and Human stupidity. Although, I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Fps

Post by Iris »

What does the :fps command display near the top left corner of the game view when playing a scenario? (Information about command mode.) Is the lag constant, or only triggers during specific circumstances?
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

When I try to insert :fps it says Unknown label, and the lag seems to be constant. Although it's gotten a bit better, Still experiencing some.
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
"Two things are infinite, the universe and Human stupidity. Although, I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Post by ancestral »

Any better after restarting your computer?
Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

Probally's better for a few minutes, then goes back down.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

tribes45 wrote:When I try to insert :fps it says Unknown label
I suspect you either didn’t get the command line prompt as the linked page explains, or you included the colon in it (it’s only an mnemonic for the default hotkey sequence that brings up the prompt).

Also, maybe check in the task manager whether there are any other tasks besides Wesnoth (such as anti-malware or even malware applications) taking up too much CPU time while playing.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Do the lags occur always, or only if you play a certain scenario / campaign?
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

Crendgrim wrote:Do the lags occur always, or only if you play a certain scenario / campaign?

Always.
Max

Post by Max »

can you have a look in the task manager? what's the cpu load for wesnoth when it's lagging? any other tasks involved?

i've had a similar problem once and it turned out my cpu was set to run at the lowest frequency (800mhz).
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

Which security programs are you running in the background? There were some reports for a specific windows "security" program extremly slowing down Wesnoth. I don't know the name right now though.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I remember having a problem of this kind when I was running 1.9.6 on wine and there was too much water on the map (Battle for Zocthanol isle scenario). I hope it might be helpful in figuring out the mystery.
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

Trying..
Last edited by tribes45 on March 21st, 2012, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

shadowmaster wrote:
tribes45 wrote:When I try to insert :fps it says Unknown label
I suspect you either didn’t get the command line prompt as the linked page explains, or you included the colon in it (it’s only an mnemonic for the default hotkey sequence that brings up the prompt).

Also, maybe check in the task manager whether there are any other tasks besides Wesnoth (such as anti-malware or even malware applications) taking up too much CPU time while playing.

I use AVG, and skype all the time in the backround.
My fps stays around 13-16 on average it seems.