+149399900% ?

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
nuorc
Forum Regular

+149399900% ?

Post by nuorc »

I just started BfW, opened the last saved game, wanted to quickly check the statistics and was in for a surprise: I dealt +149399900% damage! :)

Looks like the expected damage is shown...?

First time I see this, probably won't hurt much/go away again, just wanted to show you.

Windows 7
BfW 1.10, English

Edit: a turn later, still messed up stats...
Attachments
stillscrewedstats.jpg
4p_—_King_of_the_Hill_Turn_23.gz
(86.29 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
wfb149399900.jpg
I have a cunning plan.
Kymille

Re: +149399900% ?

Post by Kymille »

FYI, this is a known bug that has been around a long time.

https://gna.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=19120
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Kymille wrote:FYI, this is a known bug that has been around a long time.

hm.

Neither did I do excessive save/reloading (after a night's rest I loaded once), nor do I think that the described effects are the same. The text you have linked talks about adding up damage.

To me, the screenshots I've attached look like
a: (turn 23) stats don't show actual/expected damage (overall) and discrepancy in percentages, instead show dealt damage (overall)/expected damage being 0 (!) and an absurd "%";
b. (turn 24) stats don't show damage dealt overall/expected damage overall, but damage dealt overall/damage dealt last turn (maybe expected?), which leads to +3645%. After quitting and reloading this is the current behavior on turn 25.

I can't see damage being added up, but doesn't it look like the right equations being given the wrong numbers?
I have a cunning plan.
ozean

Post by ozean »

Maybe it would be a good idea to add your description, along with screenshots and saves, to the bug? (I have also encountered this and the error was much to be to be caused by some incremental adding up…)
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

ozean wrote:Maybe it would be a good idea to add your description, along with screenshots and saves, to the bug?
Sorry, what's your idea?
ozean wrote:(I have also encountered this and the error was much to be to be caused by some incremental adding up…)
Again, I don't know what you mean, but that could very well be due to my mathematical/technical/English ignorance ("incremental"?).

I killed 2 units between those two screenshots and hurt some more, I guess dealing 41 damage sounds reasonable for that. Am I the only one who suspects there's just the wrong numbers in the equations?

The bug seems to take effect between turns 19 and 20, so I attach the saves and screenshots. When I finish this game I'll also upload the replay.

For the gobo fans: the Impaler is history... :(
Attachments
4p_—_King_of_the_Hill-Auto-Save20.gz
(73.64 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
4p_—_King_of_the_Hill-Auto-Save19.gz
(73.07 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
stats20.jpg
stats-19.jpg
I have a cunning plan.
ozean

Post by ozean »

nuorc wrote:
ozean wrote:Maybe it would be a good idea to add your description, along with screenshots and saves, to the bug?
Sorry, what's your idea?
That you add the description that you posted here to the “official” bug report. Developers need detailed bug reports that are posted using the bug reporting system of the developers - in this case gna. Posting on web forums to discuss the bug is a good idea too, because it helps to see if this is actually a bug and maybe find others who are affected. To get the bug fixed, however, an official bug report is also needed, at least most of the time.

You need to create a login for this site, then you can add your information to the bug report. :)

Hope this was a bit clearer, sorry for the cryptic style in my other post!
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

ozean wrote:https://gna.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=19120

You need to create a login for this site, then you can add your information to the bug report. :)
This is not correct. Our setup also allows reporting and commenting on bugs for anonymous users. Though it is highly recommended to register since this way two things are easily possible:
1) We see if the same user is providing some update (like "works now for me!").
2) The user will get a notification if there was a comment in the report, eg asking to test if the fix works or a question asking for some more specific information which is required to narrow down the issue.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

So RL lets me finish the game and upload the replay...

I'm a little lost with this forum. I thought this is where the tech savvy people are, yet I get no feedback about what those numbers are and I'm told to go to another website...

I'm attaching some files from another game; I believe I went back to the beginning of the turn 2 or 3 times and the bug struck again. So no massive reloading...

btw: In the first game I posted, I believe I levelled any wolve I brought on early enough and lost none. Please don't nerf the bats.
Attachments
4p_—_Siege_Castles_replay.gz
(52.44 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
ang20.jpg
4p_—_King_of_the_Hill_replay.gz
(55.02 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
I have a cunning plan.