Percent Problems with Mages

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Bablefish

Percent Problems with Mages

Post by Bablefish »

I noticed that when I was using 7.11 (or was it 7.10) the mages attacked with a hit percentage of about 70%, which is of corse what they are suppose to. However now I am playing Rise of Wesnoth (version 8.3) and there attack percentage is way below 70%. I mean I am lucky if I get in just one hit. This is most annoying when you are fighting theives, footpads, ect. where you need to count on your mages to hit them. Could you just make sure that 70% really means 70%.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

70% really means 70%. The game even keeps track of the amount of damage you dealt, and the amount of damage you 'should have' dealt on average, so you can compare.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Bablefish

Post by Bablefish »

Yes I realize that is "should be" but what I am noticing is a lack of hitting. Acually now that I think about it this is true for anything trying to hit when the chances of hitting are 70%, such as an enemy unit in terrain that gives that unit only 30% defence. I am just making sure that the code has not been changed so that 70% really means something else
Circon

Post by Circon »

We really need a sticky on this. The game does not cheat in this area. 70% to hit is 70% to hit. The game will not fudge the to-hit rolls. It is your memory that is selective.
LordTobias

Post by LordTobias »

I am aware this was about 9 days ago, and I have an un-natural streak of un-luck, but the same goes for me.

In fact, it seems my characters that have 40% chances to hit land hits more often than my mages. That seems a liiiiittle off to me.

Is it possible if someone could check to make sure it is definitely on cue as said? (Either somethin' is wrong, or my luck is just that awful)