Add-Ons don't show up in my campaign list

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
wayneleo1985

Add-Ons don't show up in my campaign list

Post by wayneleo1985 »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this game (using MAC OS X running the latest version of the game), and I can't get the add-on campaigns I downloaded to show up on my campaign list, can anyone please show me how to do it? Thanks so much!
HomerJ

Re: Add-Ons don't show up in my campaign list

Post by HomerJ »

Are you sure that you downloaded campaigns and not MP Era's, MP scenarios, Map Packs, Music, etc.?
Also, sometimes a restart of wesnoth is required.

Welcome to the forums.

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
wayneleo1985

Post by wayneleo1985 »

thanks for the reply! Yes some of the add-ons I downloaded says Era or MP RPG, I'm just not sure what they mean, can you please help me explain? Much appreciated!
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

on the left hand side of the screen when choosing a map to play, there are two drop-down boxes underneath the map's image. the top one is the Era that you will be using to play the game. mp rpgs are maps that will play more like an rpg than standard wesnoth maps. both of these are available either by choosing the 'local game' option or the 'Join Official Server' options after clicking the 'multiplayer' button on the main menu after the game starts up.

campaigns are played by clicking the 'campaign' button on the main menu after the game starts up and choosing which one you would like to play.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

Many of the addons that you downloaded are for multiplayer play, and will be maps for multiplayer (often with all sorts of changes to normal play on the map) or eras for multiplayer, that are full of new units and factions to play as, or a combination of the two. A few of them will be whole multiplayer campaigns, that you'll need to play with another player to truly play effectively.

If something isn't showing up in your campaigns list, it's because it's not a single player campaign.
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down