1.8-beta6 is extremely buggy

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Mortles

1.8-beta6 is extremely buggy

Post by Mortles »

This is my first post on this sub-forum, so I'm sorry, if I made something wrong.

I'm here to make a complain about the last release of development version of the game, 1.8-beta6. I didn't have problems with bugs in Wesnoth for a long time, so it was very unpleasant to discover, that the last release, mostly the remade lobby, is so buggy, that it is almost unplayable!

I have in mind the crashing of the game, when you return to the lobby, when you use scroll wheel, the oos when you recruit a units and so on. Because I think, that those bugs are already posted, I won't post here the exact description of the bugs, and I only ask, when will be those bugs fixed? Will it be in the next release?

I'm sorry, if my frustration is only discouraging you, the developers, but I think it extended sustainable measure and it makes me angry.

Thanks for your patience, I'm looking forward to playing less buggy Wesnoth.
Nobody's perfect. Only present perfect is perfect."

--A gramatical discusion in a Wesnoth game
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Re: 1.8-beta6 is extremely buggy

Post by ivanovic »

Mortles wrote:Because I think, that those bugs are already posted, I won't post here the exact description of the bugs, and I only ask, when will be those bugs fixed?
The bugs will be fixed once we have exact descriptions about how to reproduce them, so that we can reproduce things here and fix them.
That is: the issues with random numbers are not really an issues.. Those messages can be discarded, they are simply due to the switch to the online rng where our log output is too verbose in some cases. For normal battles you should not get any additional messages. This one will likely be fixed in the next version.
About all the rest: write reports! Stuff we don't know about and that we can't reproduce is unlikely to ever get fixed...
Mortles

Re: 1.8-beta6 is extremely buggy

Post by Mortles »

Ok, so I shall post my observations to the bug forum. I'll try to help to fix those problems, because you know, they really makes you sick. THX for your willingness.
Nobody's perfect. Only present perfect is perfect."

--A gramatical discusion in a Wesnoth game