1.5.2 Problem

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Akkarin345

1.5.2 Problem

Post by Akkarin345 »

Hi i have problems downloading wesnoth usually due to my computer not being able to read biz2 programs or something like that. Still trying to find an answer to that. What it does it when i click to download i get a little box which should have the options 'run, save or cancel'. I have to press run. However, on most editions i get find, save and cancel'.

Find takes me through loads of stuff which eventually tells me yet again i don't have this biz2 or something.

Save has the same problem eventually

Cancel speaks for its self :P

Anyway if anyone could help me with that then i'd be forever grateful.

I finally found a version which i could download though it stead of being in the dark ages with my 1.2 version! ( i like that version though :P) 1.5.2!

However whenever i try downloading a new add on it mainly gets to 90% + and says

Error

Network Communication Error

If i ever manage to download anything without this coming up i look at campaigns and it isn't there :annoyed: when i go to uninstall downloades ( add ons) it tells me its not there. :augh:

Any help?
chuckgilla138

Re: 1.5.2 Problem

Post by chuckgilla138 »

Akkarin345:
I installed the game yesterday and am having the same problem w/ the add-ons. :(
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

At least it is not just me it usually is!
chuckgilla138

Post by chuckgilla138 »

I just installed v.1.4.3 and the add ons work..Getting ready to play a user campaign now.

Ya I know what you mean in your reply. I was searching all over for an answer. Info for this game is scattered all over a few places. Just trying to find my way around right now.

So ya, hit up the older version and have fun!
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

I have 1.4 but because i'm designing a campaign and i would really like to see the other imperial era campaign i need the development version and as previously stated unless anyone knows how to fix the problem i have also then i'm stuck with certain versions
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

I'm not sure what you're describing here. Problems with downloading stuff from the campaign server are unfortunately not too uncommon, usually retrying helps if done often enough. So far nobody found out why exactly this happens and how to prevent it. For the problem with no execute and bzip2 not found - you were trying to download the source code which wouldn't help you anyway. You need to find a binary for your system.
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

torangan wrote:I'm not sure what you're describing here. Problems with downloading stuff from the campaign server are unfortunately not too uncommon, usually retrying helps if done often enough. So far nobody found out why exactly this happens and how to prevent it. For the problem with no execute and bzip2 not found - you were trying to download the source code which wouldn't help you anyway. You need to find a binary for your system.
I'll have a look at the binary version then thank you.

And yes i have tried re-putting the add ones on 100 times for fly from fighting.
Mica

Post by Mica »

Add-ons over 256KB are broken in 1.5.2.

If you must have your add-ons, I suggest installing 1.5.1 temporarily and downloading the add-ons you need OR finding the threads here that contain the add-on files.
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

Mica wrote:Add-ons over 256KB are broken in 1.5.2.

If you must have your add-ons, I suggest installing 1.5.1 temporarily and downloading the add-ons you need OR finding the threads here that contain the add-on files.
Ah thank you but i do need a bit of help if i need to get the binary version. I'm using windows vista so which one would people recomend i try on the download page?
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

The windows one. (stable or development)
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

Thats the one i have the biz2 problem with and can't download only certain version like 1.2 1.4 and 1.5.2.
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

The windows binary is NO bzip2 file. Anything ending with .bz2 ist WRONG. You're searching for an .exe linked to as windows version, not the source code.
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

That rings bells i keep seeing .exe so you think i should go for?
Mica

Post by Mica »

If you're using windows, yes.

Other file types don't work on Windows, at least those listed in the download thing.
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

so basically wait till 1.5.3 ok thanks :)