1.3.4 and map editor

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
kcits

1.3.4 and map editor

Post by kcits »

I have upgraded to 1.3.4 and have been trying to use the map editor. every time i place a tile it take 6-14 seconds to convert the edges... it was not like this when i was using 1.2... is this a bug in 1.3.4? I am using XP 2.0 xeon dual core with 2GB RAM just for info... but it is taking for ever to build any kind of map!
River, please, why don't you come on out?
"No! I can't. Too much hair."...
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

It's the new terrain letter system... I suppose the code is not yet fully performance optimised.

You can however delay transition updates with CTRL+t (it's also in the settings menu), and press "b" whenever you want to update the transitions and look at your map "artistically". It helps a lot.
Alink
Inactive Developer

Post by Alink »

There is a feature introduced in 1.3.2 to help this:
in settings menu "delay transition update" (ctrl-t) and in edit menu "update transitions" (b). 1.3.5 will have a checkbox for this setting but it already works like if there is one.

However, 6-14 secs is way too long for this kind of cpu (on my linux+AMD1500 it's 1 sec max). So there is indeed probably a problem somewhere.

Does other users have a so slow transition update speed ?
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

When I'm using the map editor it takes 4-5 seconds to update transistions with a PowerPC G4 1 gighz, which is a lot less than what he said he had, so it might be a bug like you said. I just delay them.
Sorry for the meaningless post
kcits

Post by kcits »

OK thanks the ctrl - t works great but it does take 6-14 seconds to refresh the map... it is not spiking the CPU or spiking memory either...? I have 1.2 GB of physical memory free and it maybe maxes the cpu to 50% to 55% with it currently running at 4 - 8 %... though the ctrl t and b option works really well... that has already saved time... so should this be presented as a bug?

Thanks for the info!
River, please, why don't you come on out?
"No! I can't. Too much hair."...