HttT Problem

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Laudimir

HttT Problem

Post by Laudimir »

Hey,

I recently was playing HttT on easy (wanted to get through the plot fast, since I've never played it before) and made it to Scepter of Fire.

Actually, I completed the Scepter of Fire scenario but recieved an error (I believe the error was "scenario missing-19_A_CHOICE_MUST_BE_MADE").

Naturally, I looked up the data files, wondering if I was missing that scenario. I'm not, but the scenario is 18_A_CHOICE_MUST_BE_MADE. Then, thinking I knew the problem, I looked up the scenario CFGs. Eventually, after perusing the data scrolls (:P), I found a place in the 17_SCEPTER_OF_FIRE.cfg That seems to call for 19_A_CHOICE_MUST_BE_MADE.

First, the very top of the CFG ided itself and whatnot, and called for 18_A_CHOICE_MUST_BE_MADE as the next scenario:

Code: Select all

[scenario]

#textdomain wesnoth-httt

id=17_Scepter_of_Fire

name= _ "The Scepter of Fire"

next_scenario=18_A_Choice_Must_Be_Made

scenario_generation=cave
But, further down (not far), the settings are given within the map generator's schedule again, but called for 19_A_CHOICE_MUST_BE_MADE.

Code: Select all

#

# Map generator code

#

[generator]

[settings]

name= _ "The Scepter of Fire"

{DEFAULT_MUSIC_PLAYLIST}

{TURNS 50 45 35}

victory_when_enemies_defeated=no
		next_scenario=19_A_Choice_Must_Be_Made

#

# This is a custom schedule that gives everything a slight

# reddish hue and gently pulsates. -30, -40, -40 are default 
I tried changing this back to 18_A_CHOICE_MUST_BE_MADE and reloading my saved game (several times, yes I saved the change, then restarted BFW), but I continue to get this error.

I don't see any other problems in either CFGs, that I know of, but I only have a very basic understanding of WML.

I am assuming that the real problem is in my save file, so I will probably need to atleast restart SoF (scenario), right?

Thank you ;)

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm using 1.3.4
nightcrawler

Post by nightcrawler »

Fixing the configuration file will only be effective if you restart the scenario. Once you are mid-scenario, you have to make the fix in the saved game file.

Check your advanced preferences, make sure binary saves are turned off, re-save the game if necessary (if it was previously a binary file and you turned binary off, then re-saving it makes it ASCII text), then locate/edit the saved game. Do the same replacement you described.

The other option is to re-start the scenario from the beginning with the fixed config file.
"Then I'd prefer you refer to it as 'The Midlands'"

If I'm supposed to fight creeping biggerism, then why is it a game feature?
Laudimir

Post by Laudimir »

Ah, as I expected. Thanks Nightcrawler.

I guess I will be browsing through my save file for awhile, now.

Thanks again!
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Re : HttT problem

Post by Mythological »

I've accidentally stumbled upon this bug several days ago while working on another bug in the Scepter of Fire scenario. The problem was rather trivial ( exactly as Laudimir explained it ) so I fixed it and committed it immediately. Because the Scepter of Fire is hardly playable in 1.3.4, here is the fixed scenario file that contains the fixes for both this and the other bug. You will have to replace the file with the same name in wesnoth/data/campaigns/Heir_to_the_Throne/scenarios
Attachments
17_Scepter_of_Fire.cfg
Fixed "Scepter of Fire" scenario for 1.3.2+. It will not work with the stable ( 1.2 ) branch
(18.47 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never
Halldor

Post by Halldor »

Would that file work on a mac? If so, where should I put it?
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

Halldor wrote:Would that file work on a mac? If so, where should I put it?
Better use the latest development version, in that one this problem has been fixed.