[16187] Crash in tutorial (second part, recall)

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Eyra

[16187] Crash in tutorial (second part, recall)

Post by Eyra »

So... I was playng the tutorial (again) and this time I got all the way to the second part! (yes, i know its some s word, but what was it?) Anyway, the elf person told me to recall one of my Elves. So what happens? He angrily tells me that I didn't recall the Elf when in fact I did. Then, he was so angry Wesnoth Crashed.

And he ate the core too.... Or I can't find it.

But I WAS able to replicate this over and over again.

I will provide a gamesave or a screenshot if requested. (And If I can find some)

eyra
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

Please post at least the savegame. You should have an autosave inside ~/.wesnoth/saves/.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Make sure you have your core limit high enough.

ulimit -c will tell you what you what you currently have cores set to -- the most common settings are 0 -- which means cores will never be dumped -- and unlimited -- which means cores will be dumped irrespective of size.

Use

ulimit -c unlimited

To alllow cores to be dumped if the setting isn't already like that.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Also, try updating svn again. I committed some more changes which may help you. (I can't test it since it already works on my compiler).
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Eyra

Post by Eyra »

ivanovic wrote:Please post at least the savegame. You should have an autosave inside ~/.wesnoth/saves/.
err... you're going to have to wait until I get home. Sorry.

are you sure you can't reproduce this error without a game save? It only takes about 30 seconds to pass the first part...

eyra
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

Eyra wrote:
ivanovic wrote:Please post at least the savegame. You should have an autosave inside ~/.wesnoth/saves/.
err... you're going to have to wait until I get home. Sorry.

are you sure you can't reproduce this error without a game save? It only takes about 30 seconds to pass the first part...

eyra
The problem is that it seems to work nicely over here. At least in r16193 everything is fine for me. So we either need a coredump or a savegame that allows reproducing it. Probably both, a coredump and the savegame would be best.
Eyra

Post by Eyra »

ivanovic wrote:
Eyra wrote: err... you're going to have to wait until I get home. Sorry.

eyra
The problem is that it seems to work nicely over here. At least in r16193 everything is fine for me. So we either need a coredump or a savegame that allows reproducing it. Probably both, a coredump and the savegame would be best.
Actually I'm going to try on the newest revision. Thanks anyway.

eyra