TRoW Portrait errors

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Oreb

TRoW Portrait errors

Post by Oreb »

Some of the portrait lines change throughout the game, for example:

Burin the Lost, from Clearwater point onward his portrait changes to the dwarf warrior portrait. And 'Lady Jessica' doesn't have a portrait when you goes from outlaw to princess.
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
scott

Post by scott »

In 1.1.9?

Did you use a saved game started in an earlier version?
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

I started in 1.1.9 and played it in 1.1.9
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

The same thing happens at some point in UtBS (both with the dwarf and/or troll you get in the underground scenarios). Good that you reminded me of that, I should try to fix it (assuming it's not an engine bug, which I doubt it is).
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Well, I did some simple tests and it looks like things work like this: a portrait assigned to a unit when creating it (via the profile= key) will get overwritten by the unit type portrait of the unit type the unit levels up to, if it levels up. I think we need two keys - one for unit type portraits and one for character portraits. The character portrait value would be retained when leveling up and would always override the unit type portrait. Or a smart behaviour of retaining custom portraits when leveling up.

Here's the bug report I made about it.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

zookeeper wrote:Well, I did some simple tests and it looks like things work like this: a portrait assigned to a unit when creating it (via the profile= key) will get overwritten by the unit type portrait of the unit type the unit levels up to, if it levels up. I think we need two keys - one for unit type portraits and one for character portraits. The character portrait value would be retained when leveling up and would always override the unit type portrait. Or a smart behaviour of retaining custom portraits when leveling up.

Here's the bug report I made about it.
Thank-you Zookeeper. What you said is right, for I leveled him just before clearwater