[Historical] Son of the Black Eye Updated!

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Deliverator

Post by Deliverator »

Hey, dumb question. If I'm playing SotBE under the current Stable version of Battle for Wesnoth, am I playing with all the changes discussed in this thread, or not?

I'm currently stuck on saving Inarix. It seems like I need more money (I start with 100), but there's no way to get any since the previous scenario simply requires you to hold out for 20 turns.

Thanks.

Matt
"The Deliverator belongs to an elite order, a hallowed subcategory." - Neal Stephenson, "Snow Crash"
Fynmiir

Post by Fynmiir »

I decided to play the update and must say (Only on Desert of Death) but I saw there are lots of new scenarios, and I love the new version of Barag Gor! But, are all of the scenarios done yet, since I was looking in the directory at the new ones and there didn't seem to be a file for "Blasted_Elves"
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Deliverator wrote:Hey, dumb question. If I'm playing SotBE under the current Stable version of Battle for Wesnoth, am I playing with all the changes discussed in this thread, or not?

I'm currently stuck on saving Inarix. It seems like I need more money (I start with 100), but there's no way to get any since the previous scenario simply requires you to hold out for 20 turns.

Thanks.

Matt
Hey Deliverator

In short the answer is no. Unless you downloaded this from the campaign server then you are playing the old version. There is also no gaurentee that the changes I made will ever become official (although I am hoping they do). It all depends on how much people like what I have done to it. But I imagine that they would wait for me to finish the campaign before they do anything.
Fynmiir wrote: I decided to play the update and must say (Only on Desert of Death) but I saw there are lots of new scenarios, and I love the new version of Barag Gor! But, are all of the scenarios done yet, since I was looking in the directory at the new ones and there didn't seem to be a file for "Blasted_Elves"
Thanks for the encuragment Fynmiir. You actually have Anatelos to thank for the Barag Gor map. I added all the new text/events and sides but he was the one who beefed up the map. But about "Blasted_Elves" there actualy is a file for that scenario, except it got renamed to "The Dwarvish Stand" for reasons you will see when you play the scenario. The reason for the confusion is that when I was writing "Giving Some Back" I had to put in the ID for the next scenario (otherwise a person would have to replay the sceanrio if he has a savegame), but I wasn't exactally sure what it was going to be yet, although I had a vague idea. Anyhow, it just turned out to be a bit differently then I orginally thought so I changed the name. However, that is just the external name that is changed, the ID for "The Dwarvish Stand" is the same so one scenario should flow into the next no problem.
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
De Cock Hans

Post by De Cock Hans »

Can someone give me tips for the Siege of Barag Gor scenario.

I am playing Wesnot 1.1.2 with the latest version of the campaign.

I am playing on easy and can beat it.

How do you win it ? (It says break the siege, but what is breakin the siege)

I can actually kill one or two (when lucky) on the elf marshalls but ot all Is there another way to win then killing all then enemy leaders ?

I have less then 300 gold and only 1 level 2 crossbow. I have 6 or 7 level 1's aout to level. But this way to little to have a chance to kill all the leaders. Mainly because of the day/night circle. I need 3 night circle's to clean the city and the surrounding area. The remaining turns are not nearly enough with the Northeners being so slow and vunerable during the day.

So ?
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

First, I would say it's going to be a bit tough without any level 2 units whatsoever. Even if you had 2 or 3 units to spearhead advances they would be very helpfull.

But what I did was split my forces. I send about a few units to help resist the seige in the center of the map. Then I send my seccond force strait south (as early as possible before the martial down there can rally) and knock him off. Then I move that party west to attack the martial in the southwest corner, and free the assasian while I am at it. When my force in the centre (with the help of my ally) secre the area, I move them north to knock off the guy in the northeast. Then I just zone in on whomever is left...

BalkanTyp

Post by BalkanTyp »

im stacking in the level clash of the armys ther is an error: load_game_failed: unit not found: 'Triton'

can somebody help me because i want to finisch this campain because its very exciting and well made.
BalkanTyp

Post by BalkanTyp »

and i have a question is it a bug that wehn kapue (the orcis leader) attack the enemy doesnt strike back and also when the enemy attacks kapue doesnt hit back?

why is this?
Fynmiir

Post by Fynmiir »

Its his attack type/range (I think)

Also, thanks for the clarification on Blasted_Elves
BalkanTyp

Post by BalkanTyp »

can someone help me with the error that i described????
Fynmiir

Post by Fynmiir »

BalkanTyp wrote:can someone help me with the error that i described????
I thought I tried, but I believe it has something to do with his type of attack (i.e. blade,short or something like that.)

However, I made it to Shan Taum the Smug and survived all twenty turns, but after the shamans appeared and spoke their part and all the dialogue was over, I was defeated.I'm assuming this is a bug since the objectives state (paraphrased) "Survive for twenty turns"
BalkanTyp

Post by BalkanTyp »

you must kill the enemy leader and can help me with my error ?

i described it in one of my last posts (not that bug taht kapue dont attack)

qute:D

im stacking in the level clash of the armys ther is an error: load_game_failed: unit not found: 'Triton'

can somebody help me because i want to finisch this campain because its very exciting and well made.
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

BalkanTyp wrote:you must kill the enemy leader and can help me with my error ?

i described it in one of my last posts (not that bug taht kapue dont attack)

qute:D

Hi BalkenTyp

Sorry about the late reply and thanks for pointing out those bugs. I fixed them and am uploading the fixed version on the server as I type. Also included in version 0.11.1 is some essential scenario ballancing for "Giving Some Back" and "The Dwarvish Stand".

One thing I thought I would point out though Balken Typ is that the moderators of this form frown upon people swamping the forms. I don't check the forms as much as I would like to but I usually do at least once a week, so it might take me a few days to get back to you. Posting message after message won't get my attention any faster and it will just piss the moderators off in the meantime. Thanks for the compliment though, I am glad you like the campaign. :-)

BalkanTyp

Post by BalkanTyp »

but the game still crashes in this map?

or must i play the campain from the start with the new versioN???
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

BalkanTyp wrote:but the game still crashes in this map?

or must i play the campain from the start with the new versioN???
For the triton error, you shouldn't have to start the campaign over again. But yes, you have to start the scenario from the beggining. About the kapou'e not hitting back while attacking, unfortunatly you have to start the campaign over to fix that one.:-( Sorry about that.

Shotor_Rider

Post by Shotor_Rider »

In case you need to see how the original SotBE on Hard level can be beat with only 10 losses watch the replays in my post:

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

This is an excellent campaign. There is no room for improvement in "Saving the Inarix" and "End of Peace". However the last scenario is quite boring. Also AI is very inefficient in the "Black Falg", I finished it in 5 turns. The "Desert of Death" has a map which s unnecessarily big and makes it frustrating.

I Just wonder if it is possible to finish this campaign with no losses...Maybe I should try the medium difficulty.