[Historical] Legend of Wesmere (add-on version)

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tillea

Post by tillea »

santi wrote: You can start a thread in the User's forum for example http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=6
discussing any issue you like. Good luck
Posted there: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=279926

Thanks for updating the campaign which was now playable in all scenarios

Andreas.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Toragan wrote:
If you do the upload with a late version and the key is set correctly it should be put into WesCamp automatically. I'm not sure wheter a recent client version is required. It worked for some campaigns so I guess the error to be in your setup.
-Do the upload with a late version: Well, this means the tarball I download from the home page, e.g. 1.3.14.tar.bz2, right?
Do I need to configure it with some special options?(I only use enable editor)
-key is set correctly: What key?
-I'm not sure a recent client version is required:
but you mention do the upload with a late version. I'm confused here. What
is the difference between late version and recent client version? In both cases you are talking about the same tarball, or not?
Can you find out what "late" or "recent" means? I am kinda out of disk space on /, so installing boost(which if full takes about 1G) for 1.3.14 is not easy.

Finally, tillea, I looked at your home page. Is it ok if I use some of your pictures, perhaps appropriately blurred for this or other Wesnoth campaigns?
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

I don't know which features appeared only in the latest development release for sure. So just use the most recent and make sure that the translate=true key is set correctly in your .pbl before you upload. If it still doesn't work, contact SkeletonCrew who wrote the code.
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
mevo

Post by mevo »

Hello Santi,

I tried to play this campaign (version 1.4.5) with BfW 1.3.15. In the second scenario (hostile mountains, I think) I encountered the following problem: the dwarves ignored the trolls even if the stepped onto the eastern shore of the river. There only was a shout 'The darn trolls stepped onto our land - attack' or something similar, but nothing else happened. However, if an elf enters the eastern shore he is immediately attacked by the dwarves.
Does this mean that the campaign is not playable with BfW 1.3.15? It was also not offered via the 'Add ons' button, I downloaded it directly from the web interface.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Thanks for the report. The campaign IS playable with 1.3.15. The
problem with add-ons is that the latest version you mention was uploaded to the wrong server(1.3.12). This should be fixed tonight, hopefully.
The problem with the second scenario would seem to be an AI problem,
i.e. AI does not think dwarves are(yet) strong enough to attack the trolls. If the trolls enter deeper into dwarvish territory, they are attacked by the dwarves. In any case
-the issue is being looked at
-you can win this(on hard) withouth the help of the dwarves-you just take losses, but also level units.
mevo

Post by mevo »

Hello Santi,

thanks for your quick answer. I'm not a very experienced player and I tried to play on easy level. However I still find it hard to defeat all the trolls, who are very numerous. I ran both out of turns and money. Since this is the second scenario, I have no levelled up units so far. Also, the trolls very rarely cross the river. I tried to sacrifice some elves to allure them to the other side, but they remained in the water and the elves got killed by the dwarves.
I've played the campaign more than a year ago with an 1.2.X version of BfW and remember that there was no problem having the trolls being defeated by the dwarves.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Can you send me a replay? Trolls in water are easy target actually
mevo

Post by mevo »

I tried to make a replay, but it didn't work. When I replayed it with every turn there was a warning that the file is corrupted and strange things happened (e.g. elves fighting each other). While I was playing the scenario once a troll walked right through the keep of the dwarves where there where three or four dwarves without being attacked.
Anyway, I started the scenario again from the beginning. Now knowing that the dwarves would be of no help I followed a more aggressive strategy and was able to win the scenario within 24 turns. This time at least once a troll was attacked by the dwarvish lord. So I think I have to apologize and everything seems to work correctly.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

ok, I am attaching replays of the first 2 scenaria on hard. Note on forest elves have 70% defense and even on mountains, 60%. I though the corrupt replay problem was solved(what version are you playing?) In the last round I may have been a bit lucky with Landar, but basically the tactic was as in the replay
No need to apologize, thanks for the feedback , glad you got it to work and
I'll look at the dwarves not attacking issue again.
Attachments
Hostile_mountains_replayb.gz
(21.66 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
The_Uprooting_replay.gz
(29.68 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
fabi
Inactive Developer

Missing Cleodil

Post by fabi »

Hallo Santi.
I managed to defeat both saurian leaders before freeing Cleodil in the
scenario "The elvish treasure".
The next scenario started without Cleodil.
Could this lead to some trouble further on?
I'm used to Cleodil being an unlosable Unit.

Greetings,
Fabi
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Yes, I never thought of that. Simplest is of course to free Cleodil. If you do not, you miss out a lot. It would be very complex to allow for this possibility and would ruin the story.

Incidentally, the latest version should be on the (latest) 1.3 server(15005)
since last night
mevo

Post by mevo »

I'm using version 1.3.15 on Linux (openSuse 10.3). The exact number of the *.rpm is 1.3.15-3.2. Maybe there is a difference to the Windows version concerning the replays.
Thanks for the replays, I'll have a look at them this weekend.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

My replays were from 1.3.14 on slack 12, so should not be an OS thing.
The replays I sent should be playable. The only issue is: did you download the campaign from the campaign server or get it from Suse? If you got it from Suse, chances are it might be a little bit behind.
fabi
Inactive Developer

Missing Cleodil fix

Post by fabi »

santi wrote:Yes, I never thought of that. Simplest is of course to free Cleodil. If you do not, you miss out a lot. It would be very complex to allow for this possibility and would ruin the story.
The attached file contains the scenario with a fix to the issue.
If Cleodil isn't free at victory Kalenz says something about fleeing saurians
and the garison will be freed before the normal ending dialog continous.
Attachments
04_Elvish_Treasury.cfg
Fixed Version
(5.5 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

thanks, I'll include it in the next version