[Historical] Legend of Wesmere (add-on version)

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

santi
Lord of Wesmere

Re: Legend of Wesmere-Elvish(Kalenz) Campaign

Post by santi »

Hi Fabi, andulias's portrait seems missing from the portraits. That may be correct, since his is a generic elvish fighter, but then the scenario file refers to it and the result is no portrait at all. Or has this already been fixed?
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

santi wrote:Hi Fabi, andulias's portrait seems missing from the portraits. That may be correct, since his is a generic elvish fighter, but then the scenario file refers to it and the result is no portrait at all. Or has this already been fixed?
That should be fixed in the version on the 1.5.x campaign server with a new portrait for Andulias, I recycled one of Kitty's older elvish fighter images.

Greetings,
Fabi
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

is that also in sync with svn?
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

because I think I prefer the generic fighter portrait to the recycled old Andulias portrait.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

fabi, what is the portraits subdirectory under story?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

It contains larger, high-resolution versions of portraits that can be used in story text (look at the images...).
EDIT: and try not to triple post for adding comments in such a small time span if nobody has replied yet. Instead, edit the last post.
EDIT2: and SVN trunk will always have the latest stuff, so of course whatever is in the campaign server, is older than the contents in SVN trunk. For a good reason... SVN trunk is where development and crash-testing takes place. It is necessary to hide it from users therefore, because some changes may not be ready for the public yet.
EDIT 3: legend: moderator comment, administrative comment.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

I was mostly referring to the semi-nude "I love trees tatoo" Kalenz pic. This is a pic Kitty drew
as a joke. Initially I was surprised to see that, but on second thought it adds a kind of humurous twist and I'm ok with it.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

huh?In the latest revision I posted last night(httt_story2.jpg) it does; I checked it by adjusting _main.cfg to point to that scenario and it works; it does displaythe picture of eldred lifting the crown
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

Santi, I am going to switch Andulias portrait back to the standard elvish fighter, as you prefer.
For the half nude Kalenz - I would like to use this Image, perhaps without the "i love trees" tattoo", but
we need to find a good storyline to justificate it's usage.

edit:
All spawned archers in the campaign are male, we could change some of them to female.

edit2:
In all scenarios the villages belong to nobody at start. This can be changed since ages.

Greetings, Fabi
kitty
Retired Portrait Director

Post by kitty »

nope - you won't get it without the heart.

it is a silly picture and if you want to have it you'll have to use it as a silly picture. :P
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

kitty wrote:nope - you won't get it without the heart.

it is a silly picture and if you want to have it you'll have to use it as a silly picture. :P
Agreed :lol2:
IB

Post by IB »

Campaign won't start.
Map not a rectangle.
v1.4.8
Using Wesnoth 1.4.4.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

santi wrote:huh?In the latest revision I posted last night(httt_story2.jpg) it does; I checked it by adjusting _main.cfg to point to that scenario and it works; it does displaythe picture of eldred lifting the crown
Um... perhaps I missed something. My Internet is screwy nowadays.
Still, why the _main.cfg file appears as modified, yet the diff is empty, is beyond me.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Probably minor whitespace changes that viewvc doesn't bother to show.