Need Some People To Make A Campaign

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

DEAD-HEAD

Need Some People To Make A Campaign

Post by DEAD-HEAD »

I want to write story for 17 Scenario(12 Battles,3 Scenes,1 Puzzle as intended) Campaign about Drakes(Nagas+Saurians+Humans) of Morogor(Island between Green Isle and Great Continent) about resettlement just like Prince Haldric said in Peoples In Decline Scenario and also did himself

But I need someone to test and run it,because I can't run it on my own device without download because unable to access saves and who has played all Mainline Campaigns(I am currently playing them) and help me balance Difficulty

I also want someone to develop 4-5 Custom Units Sprites(Animations will be a bonus),due to being bad and inexperienced at frames,images and drawings because Drakes here has gone reversion

And lastly someone with understanding of Complex WMLs for Scenario Objectives like killing Commander Aethyr in and from The Rise Of Wesnoth or killing enemy leader or travelling at river edge in A Choice Must Be Made from Heir To The Throne to make an intended puzzle Scenario and objectives of other and Items such as Scepter Of Fire,Void Armour,Flaming Sword,Wose Book,Poseidon's Trident as I want to add objects and Attacks

Thank you for reading this!
gamer&memer
BTIsaac

Re: Need Some People To Make A Campaign

Post by BTIsaac »

1) I'm pretty sure this one already exists.
2) you can't really expect help with this unless you're prepared to do everything yourself.
sergey

Post by sergey »

Other campaigns about Drakes viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50628&p=646672#p646672

Regarding custom units - take a look at add-ons with units (so called Eras), try to frankenstein and ask for suggestions.

Regarding WML - ask help in corresponding sub-forum.

It is easier to get help with specific questions. Waiting for more complex help is not reliable. You can publish your campaign and after some time there will be someone willing to draw sprites or such, but you never know when / if that happens.

I didn't understand why you can't run your campaign.
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Link to make frankensteins: https://wiki.wesnoth.org/FrankenPacks

@sergey here is the reason why: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=50344
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

BTIsaac, there is a campaign with the same theme (resettling), but it's not this campaign. :D E.g. there are no Nagas.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

EarthCake wrote: September 1st, 2019, 12:37 pm @sergey here is the reason why: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=50344
About that... There's no need to have a rooted Android device. You need to have a file manager that can show hidden folders (.wesnoth1.14 is hidden, because of the leading dot) and a text editor that shows hidden files and folders as well (I tried with Jota and I was able to save a text file there).
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

Is the idea still there?

Is there already a WML coder?

Can you send me a script?

I am currently working on my own campaign, but depending on whether I like your idea I might invest some time into it :D
eh, what comes here again?