New campaign idea. Could use some help

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

PastaSaucey

New campaign idea. Could use some help

Post by PastaSaucey »

Hey y'all!

I'm currently working on a number of campaigns (more than 10 total :shock:) and I finished my first storyline about a month ago #soexited! :D.

It is titled A Bond of Blood and is a Knaglan Alliance campaign which I hope to be my debut. So I think I made the dialogue interesting and fun (laced with all kinds of jokes, as it focuses on outlaws and dwarves, arguably the most wily Wesnoth characters) and I am working on the maps as of late. I think I'll post the file here and see if anyone likes it. And if you have any ideas on how I can improve it, pls let me know.
ABoB Dialogue (writer's forum).odt
4th Draft
(69.42 KiB) Downloaded 395 times
Thanks!

P.S. All my Linux-using friends out there may need LibreOffice to read it, as I had made a few comments that I think would make it easier for you guys to understand.

Check me out here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=32268&p=632794#p632794
Last edited by PastaSaucey on October 8th, 2018, 10:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Think outside the quadrilateral parallelogram
ReyRim

Re: New campaign idea. Could use some help

Post by ReyRim »

PastaSaucey wrote: September 22nd, 2018, 9:49 pm Hey y'all!

I'm currently working on myself with the help of Viasil and a number of campaigns (more than 10 total :shock:) and I finished my first storyline about a month ago #soexited! :D.

It is titled A Bond of Blood and is a Knaglan Alliance campaign which I hope to be my debut. So I think I made the dialogue interesting and fun (laced with all kinds of jokes, as it focuses on outlaws and dwarves, arguably the most wily Wesnoth characters) and I am working on the maps as of late. I think I'll post the file here and see if anyone likes it. And if you have any ideas on how I can improve it, pls let me know.
Congrats on finishing your first storyline, PastaSaucey. That's exciting indeed! Don't stretch yourself too thin with too many campaigns all at once though.
Last edited by ReyRim on May 11th, 2022, 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
PastaSaucey

Re: New campaign idea. Could use some help

Post by PastaSaucey »

Thanks ReyRim!

Interestingly though, I don't feel as if I'm "stretched thin" (as you so eloquently put it ;)) I actually have fun sorting out my ideas and figuring out what works and what doesent -- finding my niche. Story telling is one thing I have always loved, and am looking forward to sharing my stories with the world! (The world of wesnoth, that is.)
Think outside the quadrilateral parallelogram