Home of the Undead [1.14]

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Anagkai

Home of the Undead [1.14]

Post by Anagkai »

This campaign is finished and playtested. Although it was tested quite thoroughly, there might still be bugs or things that need balancing. I'm grateful for any feedback, if it is about the whole campaign or any specific scenario.

Here are some suggestions, what to consider for the feedback but feel free to tell me anything you think is important.

1) General information
1.1) What difficulty was the campaign played on and what scenarios are discussed in the feedback?

2) Storyline / Objectives / Flavor
2.1) Were the scenario objectives comprehensible?
2.2) Were the story / dialogues comprehensible and logical?
2.3) How interesting were the story / dialogues?
2.4) Did certain dialogues seem very short or long?
2.5) Did any parts of any map seem bad flavorwise?
2.6) [For native speakers] Did you notice anything in the story / dialogues that seemed wrong or strange concerning the grammar / syntax / vocabulary...?

3) Difficulty
3.1) Did any scenario seem too easy / hard with respect to the amount of GOLD available?
3.2) Did any scenario seem too easy / hard with respect to the amount of TIME available?
3.2) Did any scenario seem too easy / hard with respect to anything else (such as terrain, units...)?

4) Achievements
*A number of achievements can be obtained. Every achievement obtained triggers a message and there is a summary at the end of the campaign.* If any achievements were obtained:
4.1) Did the achievements seem interesting (with respect to both flavor and game mechanics)?
4.2) How difficult did the achievements seem to be to obtain?

5) Custom units
*There are three advancements (each including level 2 and level 3) for Soulless.* If any of these units were obtained (please not which one):
5.1) Did the unit seem balanced with respect to hitpoints, damage, abilities?
5.2) How did you like the graphics and general style of the unit?
5.3) Did the unit seem useful?

6) Bug reports
6.1) Did anything seem to malfunction? Did anything happen or not happen that seemed strange or unintended?
My campaigns: Princess Nilwyn (available) & Home of the Undead (available)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Home of the Undead [1.14]

Post by Konrad2 »

I'm uploading replays for the campaign here.

And this is basically the index for the replays.

As there is no Scenario Developemt topic for this campaign, I'll abuse this thread to report bugs/mistakes.
Sc1
Kill the ennemy leaders -> Defeat the enemy leader

(The kill/defeat thing is more of a style thing.)

How much does 'stink' hurt enemy units? That information is missing in the ability description. (Btw, why does it hurt only enemy units, instead of all living units? (Probably because it's only meant for your campaign, but still...))

EDIT:
Summer Solstice
The loyal Elvish Rangers are missing their 'loyal' marker.

The Hunt
His people was going to... -> were

EDIT 2:
All of your Soulless advancements have standard (living) human resistances. (20% arcane, 0% everything else)

EDIT 3:
Fire in the Homes
Yes,sir! -> Yes, sir!

EDIT 4:
You can recruit only normal Soulless, unlike the random walking corpses. (This doesn't matter much because there are no variations of the advancements, but it still looks like an oversight.)

Is my bonus for 'Fire in the Homes' really just as much gold as I've saved villages? I'd get more gold by waiting for the turns to run out...

EDIT 5:
In the Crossfire
Kill both ennemy leaders -> Defeat both enemy leaders

EDIT 6:
Drake Rental
Kill both ennemy leaders -> Defeat both enemy leaders

EDIT 7:
Just a small thing, but the campaign awards (most times) the wrong laurel/wreath upon completion. (Apparently caused by using the old difficulties syntax.)
Details as to why and how to fix it can be found in issue #3983.

EDIT 8:
The ability 'recycling' does not work.

EDIT 9:
Your 'Ant Warrior' unit lacks images for it's attacks and has no attack animations.

EDIT 10:
Beyond the Wall
As always -> As always.
The Tentacles of the Deep fight with the goblins.
Attachments
HU-The Craft of Arson-Auto-Save14.gz
EDIT 8: Move the Remnants of the Creator from 42,26 to 46,24 and then attack with the WC on 47,25.
(65.7 KiB) Downloaded 520 times
WackoJacko

Post by WackoJacko »

Hi, not sure if this thread/campaign is still being monitored but i just finished and thought I would share some feedback.

Background Info: Played on 1.14 on normal difficulty

Scenario 4
Spoiler:
Scenario 7 (I think) ?
Spoiler:
Scenario 12
Spoiler:
Other potential bugs
-Henry gains EXP when a unit next to him completes a kill, first noticed this is scenario 6. I'm assuming it's intentional however some explanation in the dialogue/story would be nice.
-No laurel upon completion.
Custom Units
Firstly, appreciated the new units, very nice. I found the Meat Bag path to be very OP though. Very strong plus fearless and feeding. I had two or three each with over 100HP. made things very easy, even if they were slow.

Overall, I enjoyed the campaign and appreciate the time and effort that you have put into it. Thanks

EDIT: Not sure if anything was changed, but the wreath issue has been fixed
Last edited by WackoJacko on January 7th, 2020, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Drake Rental / A Contract Expires
Draken Ressources Manager -> Resources

The Homefront Descision -> Decision

I did get a laurel upon completion, but it's a silver one. It should be a gold one though. (See EDIT 7 in my previous post.)