Brave Wings

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Arawn

Re: Brave Wings

Post by Arawn »

Oh, sorry, I just figured out that this post should go on feedback instead of on the developer thread where I originally had it. Sorry for the spam I suppose. Anyway:

This campaign is awesome. Just, great work. Anyway, I downloaded it today, so I assume I got the newest version. Just a few things I noticed (on easy difficulty):

The scenario with the Saurians vs the trolls seems unbalanced. Specifically, the saurians swarmed the field, forcing me to fight for the few kills I could get. Could they be made to recruit fewer soldiers? At one point, the field was actually crawling with little lizards. I realize I was playing it on easy but I doubt little lizards should be able to dismantle trolls with no difficulty.
The same thing happened to a lesser extent with the scenario where I fought alongside the legion. I forget the scenario number but it was the one where you fight two orc bosses with your allies being a general who can recruit saurians, elves, and dwarves. It wasn't as unbalanced but I feel like I could have beaten it without their aid.
Lastly, the scenario where you face various enemies in the laboratory seemed fine up until the last boss. I feel like he can recruit too many soldiers. It's only a very minor problem but I suppose it would be better-suited for easy difficulty if he had ~30 gold less and ~2 income less.

But I don't want to make it sound like this was a bad experience. This campaign is great. Everything else is fantastic, specifically: the weapons you can get (including the naga orb), the fact that you ally with a mermaid, how the drakes have honor, the twist with the undead in scenario 2, the way the drakes teamed up with a wose, the new drakes castles, etc. I would love to see it as part of mainline campaigns someday.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Hi,

A new version, 0.8.3, has been on 1.8 server since Jun, 20. A couple of new units has replaced the Godzilla-like monster, Movron, on it because new one (turtle-like and crab-like monsters) is more reasonable creatures in the campaign (for me). One of them appears on 11 Mermaid Commander, and another is on 12 Orcish Newport in a case.

As the same as whole campaign feedback, I will appreciate the scenario-feedback after scenario Thunderthrow. The new units may be over powered defensively, but that is actually the purpose why I have added them for the last two scenarios.

If the units work and melt in the campaign as well, I may add another scenario in between scenario 12 and 13. In addition, the current turtle-like monster will probably be the leader of another campaign that I am working on. So any feedback will be great appreciations to complete a new race in the campaigns.

Thanks
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
Marth755

Post by Marth755 »

My favorite campaign ever! I sure wish it could be mainline! :twisted:
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

l hope you can reinform me ASAP, because you figured out an idea and did something that has the possibility to change wesnoth default era forever! Someday, drakes can be a sole race without saurians to ambush and heal. they can have their own.

The Questions:

1. What version of Battle for Wesnoth did you play?
1.10, 1.8.6, 1.9.3 and 1.9.12

2. What version of Brave Wings (or the scenario) did you play?
1.8.6, damned...

would you plz update it quicker? l cant find it on 1.10

3. What difficulty level did you select to play the campaign? (easy/normal/hard)
hard. really hard. the first scenerio is already nearly impassible. Finally l assainated that idiot naga by swarming gliders

4. How difficult did you find the scenario or the campaign? (1-10)
curse it! Do you know that you could have made an EXCELLENT campaign??! You set the difficulty TOO hard!! Since that, l would comment your campaign as "good" only

5. How clear did you find the objectives on the scenario or the campaign? (1-10)
damned clear

6. What part of the campaign should be developed the most when you played? (dialogues, unit images, or etc..)
portraits first. Your protraits are manufactured in a rough way...bt thanks god l love drakes

difficulty next. the hardest level is really a nightmare. You should play it once your own and then you can feel what l felt. l suggeat you to start with reducing enemies' income

7. How do you like the scenario or this campaign? (1-10)
oh damned...it is AWESOME. Better than Invasion From the Unknown and its series.

8. Do you have any additional comments?

Later, l will describe this specifically. l think we shall move to another forum and have a discussion.

9. What custom unit did you like the most in the campaign? (only by reviewing the whole campaign)

C

This thing is more powerful than you thought. What l think is that we can put it into default era and rebalance it, thus it can replace the saurian augurs.

-A. Drake Lord
-B. Drake Brave/Hero/Great
-C. Drake Alchemist
-D. Drake Sword/Battler
-E. the others (could you post which one you liked the most?)

10. How much GOLD did you have when you started the last scenario, Legend of a Dragon? (the default is: EASY 320, NORMAL 280, HARD 260)

A. Now you know how much l have inflicted from the accursed hardest level...

-A. the default set-up
-B. more than the default set-up, but less than 400
-C. 400~599
-D. 600~799
-E. more than 800 (could you post how much you had?)
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Marth755 wrote:My favorite campaign ever! I sure wish it could be mainline! :twisted:
Thank you.
I don't think it will be a mainline campaign, but I keep working hard on it for the players like you.:)
AxalaraFlame wrote:2. What version of Brave Wings (or the scenario) did you play?
1.8.6, damned...

You meant 0.8.4?
And it's been on 1.9/10 server with better animations since Dec.11, 2011.
You need relax, anyway (on the forums).:wink:
AxalaraFlame wrote:3. What difficulty level did you select to play the campaign? (easy/normal/hard)
hard. really hard. the first scenerio is already nearly impassible. Finally l assainated that idiot naga by swarming gliders
Eh, that hard? Did you use the Wose unit effectively? And I am curious why you kept playing on the HARD difficulty if you thought it was too hard.
One on the 1.10 server is better anyway. I added a healing spot on the first scenario (at Flame of Braves).:)
AxalaraFlame wrote:6. What part of the campaign should be developed the most when you played? (dialogues, unit images, or etc..)
portraits first. Your protraits are manufactured in a rough way...bt thanks god l love drakes
:lol2: Sure, they are! The portraits are exception.
Because I am not an artist, they are not going to be better in the future as long as I am working on them myself. I wish someone draws a picture of a mermaid, riding on a drake (for the campaign-image).:)
AxalaraFlame wrote:difficulty next. the hardest level is really a nightmare. You should play it once your own and then you can feel what l felt. l suggeat you to start with reducing enemies' income
I have played all difficulty levels both on this campaign and FoaP. But it was on BfW 1.6. Maybe, it is the time to test them again. AFAIK, the most of players select the Normal or Easy difficulty on this campaign.
I may reduce something on the HARD difficulty on the next edition, anyway.
AxalaraFlame wrote:9. What custom unit did you like the most in the campaign? (only by reviewing the whole campaign)

C

This thing is more powerful than you thought. What l think is that we can put it into default era and rebalance it, thus it can replace the saurian augurs.

-A. Drake Lord
-C. Drake Alchemist
-D. Drake Sword/Battler
He has been designed just for this campaign (well, in FoaP also), so he is much more powerful than any healers in the default. In the future, I may create a drake healer in general for the other creators though. Currently, it is just on my list. I think Elvish_Hunter has installed a healer on Children of Dragon campaign by using the same base unit of Kasii here.

Thank you for the feedback, AxalaraFlame.
You should have read this post before playing it: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 70#p383670
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
taptap

Post by taptap »

Ok, I played a little in your other campaign :)

The first scenario was until now the hardest.

I don't like the surprise in the second scenario. It seems a little forced to produce a reason for the hero to go on his quest. As with all surprises it changes gameplay drastically if you know about it. (If you recruit only burners and gliders you can kill many undead before you switch.) Also I feel bad to admit, that I sacrificed all those walking corpses against the lich because he has no drain against them. (And then I decide to look for holy water to rescue all those changed drakes, oopsie.)

The third scenario suffers from the cave effect. When you trigger what is absolutely crucial. Make the naga leader producing units at least after the first guard recognizes you, you shouldn't be able to close in and only then kill. (Maybe needs a little rebalancing then.) Later: It might be something else, the whole scenario is a little static.

Landing, Western Union and Dwarvish Bandits are too easy on hard difficulty. In Landing this can probably be corrected simply by changing the two deep water hexes next to the bridge in shallow water (you love one hex wide river crossings do you?) and changing the southern crossing with some stones or other more easy going terrain. In some case you could do much balancing simply by changing the initial ToD. As soon as you have levelled drakes / L3 leadership any close enemy at day is in danger of being rushed instantly. As you often work with high income not with high initial gold any opponent taken out earlier than planned makes the scenario considerably easier. In Dwarvish bandits this problem is especially obvious, as the dwarves take ages to reach you and you can easily take out the orc first and then kill the dwarfs in the open.

You offer to level fire drakes into flamehearts. I would remove this possibility, too easy on the player. You should decide upon levelling the L1. Also, I found you remove weaknesses from hero or custom units systematically but quite unnecessarily. Drake Ranger, Drake Brave line and the whole Sword Drake line have no weakness to pierce. The ranger is especially strange, it is said to be heavier built, but at the same time it has skirmish while the Sky Drakes do not. And why should drakes use torches? I mean seriously. :) (Do I face skeleton archers later on? Even then an impact attack is still fine.)
Last edited by taptap on February 15th, 2012, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

SkyOne wrote:
Marth755 wrote:My favorite campaign ever! I sure wish it could be mainline! :twisted:
Thank you.
I don't think it will be a mainline campaign, but I keep working hard on it for the players like you.:)
AxalaraFlame wrote:2. What version of Brave Wings (or the scenario) did you play?
1.8.6, damned...

You meant 0.8.4?
And it's been on 1.9/10 server with better animations since Dec.11, 2011.
You need relax, anyway (on the forums).:wink:
AxalaraFlame wrote:3. What difficulty level did you select to play the campaign? (easy/normal/hard)
Eh, that hard? Did you use the Wose unit effectively? And I am curious why you kept playing on the HARD difficulty if you thought it was too hard.
One on the 1.10 server is better anyway. I added a healing spot on the first scenario (at Flame of Braves).:)

Well, l checked, sorry for my thoughtlessness. But l did use that tree wise and fair. l lure those nagas on land and decimated most of them simply with burners. That is still not enough, because their income enables them to swarm 3 nagas per turn. And what's more, the healing spot is too far inland.

AxalaraFlame wrote:6. What part of the campaign should be developed the most when you played? (dialogues, unit images, or etc..)
:lol2: Sure, they are! The portraits are exception.
Because I am not an artist, they are not going to be better in the future as long as I am working on them myself. I wish someone draws a picture of a mermaid, riding on a drake (for the campaign-image).:)
AxalaraFlame wrote:difficulty next. the hardest level is really a nightmare. You should play it once your own and then you can feel what l felt. l suggeat you to start with reducing enemies' income
I have played all difficulty levels both on this campaign and FoaP. But it was on BfW 1.6. Maybe, it is the time to test them again. AFAIK, the most of players select the Normal or Easy difficulty on this campaign.
I may reduce something on the HARD difficulty on the next edition, anyway.
AxalaraFlame wrote:9. What custom unit did you like the most in the campaign? (only by reviewing the whole campaign)

C

-A. Drake Lord
-C. Drake Alchemist
-D. Drake Sword/Battler
He has been designed just for this campaign (well, in FoaP also), so he is much more powerful than any healers in the default. In the future, I may create a drake healer in general for the other creators though. Currently, it is just on my list. I think Elvish_Hunter has installed a healer on Children of Dragon campaign by using the same base unit of Kasii here.

That's why l think it need to rebalance. If only give him little attack points, it can really replace augurs.

Thank you for the feedback, AxalaraFlame.
You should have read this post before playing it: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 70#p383670

sure l have viewed before. l am not a nut

and you havent solve my last scenerio problem. l got A
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

taptap wrote:Ok, I played a little in your other campaign

The first scenario was until now the hardest.
Thank you so much not only for playing both campaigns, but also for posting nice feedbacks. I really appreciate your help.:)
taptap wrote:I don't like the surprise in the second scenario. It seems a little forced to produce a reason for the hero to go on his quest. As with all surprises it changes gameplay drastically if you know about it. (If you recruit only burners and gliders you can kill many undead before you switch.)
Yes, I know what you mean. I don't like the part much, neither. It's still odd. If you play the whole campaign though the end, you may understand the part a bit better, and you won't care the part anymore at the time hopefully.
taptap wrote:Also I feel bad to admit, that I sacrificed all those walking corpses against the lich because he has no drain against them. (And then I decide to look for holy water to rescue all those changed drakes, oopsie.)
As you said, using WCs to attack the lich (at night) is the way to defeat him easily. I sometimes lose almost all of them before defeating him. That WC is actually a custom unit (because they turn to human WCs if I use the default one), so it is possible to change them to living units with the same images. Maybe, is it better?
taptap wrote:The third scenario suffers from the cave effect. When you trigger what is absolutely crucial. Make the naga leader producing units at least after the first guard recognizes you, you shouldn't be able to close in and only then kill. (Maybe needs a little rebalancing then.) Later: It might be something else, the whole scenario is a little static.
Okay, I will try something on the scenario although I have not had any ideas for the something yet, except what you suggested. Maybe, adding more variations of nagas? I have already created some custom nagas for my new naga/monster campaign (that is not published yet). One of them has the SUBMERGE ability and poisoned ranged attack as the blowgun. He may be usable as enemy's variation. Or Nagini Dowsers (mixed fighter).
I appreciate your opinion.:)
taptap wrote:Landing, Western Union and Dwarvish Bandits are too easy on hard difficulty.
I got it.:wink:
taptap wrote:In Landing this can probably be corrected simply by changing the two deep water hexes next to the bridge in shallow water (you love one hex wide river crossings do you?)
Yes, I do.
On that part, Drake Ranger was supposed to be used if players have already had, and the turn-order is supposed to let the allies of Saurian Skirmishers attack the Trolls, then they make one or two empty-hex(es) for the players (because of their weaknesses). Unfortunately, it is not really work as well. The part is still a bit annoying. I will test the way you suggested sometimes later on. Thanks.
taptap wrote:changing the southern crossing with some stones or other more easy going terrain.
Sure.
taptap wrote:In some case you could do much balancing simply by changing the initial ToD. As soon as you have levelled drakes / L3 leadership any close enemy at day is in danger of being rushed instantly. As you often work with high income not with high initial gold any opponent taken out earlier than planned makes the scenario considerably easier. In Dwarvish bandits this problem is especially obvious, as the dwarves take ages to reach you and you can easily take out the orc first and then kill the dwarfs in the open.
Thank you for the advises.:)
taptap wrote:You offer to level fire drakes into flamehearts. I would remove this possibility, too easy on the player.
Oops, that is a bug that I did not know. Thanks for telling it. It happens on version 0.8.6 or later, and will be fixed on the next edition.

I personally want to remove all custom drake files that are on the default/core. Only reason why I keep them is that I don't really like drakes flopping wings on swamp terrains (even shallow water ones). It is okay if drakes are not many on the map (the case of FoaP), but in this campaign, almost all drakes sometimes flop wings on the map. It looks annoying. Could you tell me your opinion? I am guessing many of Drake funs like the way I am doing.
taptap wrote:The ranger is especially strange, it is said to be heavier built, but at the same time it has skirmish while the Sky Drakes do not.
Yeah, you are right. It doesn't make sense.
I should probably make him smaller or something. Let me think it a little bit more. I am kind of too busy to find out a nice idea.
taptap wrote:And why should drakes use torches?
The main reason why the Ranger was built was for the cave scenarios, especially for Hidden Cave. So the torch lights up the cave. Even the light goes out, he can easily light it up again. :P (to be honest, previously, the last two battling scenario used to be difficult; therefore, I wanted to try the melee attack, type=fire, on one of units. However, the Ranger is not strong enough against level=2 and 3 undead soldiers. So it doesn't have to be the torch anymore.)
Also, I personally like to add level=2 unit which won't advance to level=3 in order to save the GOLD. So the Ranger is like a utility-fighter.:)
taptap wrote:I mean seriously. (Do I face skeleton archers later on? Even then an impact attack is still fine.)
You will meet big undead armies at the last battling scenario, and everything was toward the scenario (maybe, one before too). I made it easier than one on the 1.8 server. So you will be fine.:)
AxalaraFlame wrote:
SkyOne wrote:Eh, that hard? Did you use the Wose unit effectively? And I am curious why you kept playing on the HARD difficulty if you thought it was too hard.
One on the 1.10 server is better anyway. I added a healing spot on the first scenario (at Flame of Braves).
Well, l checked, sorry for my thoughtlessness. But l did use that tree wise and fair. l lure those nagas on land and decimated most of them simply with burners. That is still not enough, because their income enables them to swarm 3 nagas per turn.
It seems you are playing correctly.
Both enemy's income and gold are just ten each more than one on the NORMAL difficulty, and I feel easy on NORMAL. I can reduce the income on the HARD difficulty from ten to five on the next edition, but editing their [ai] will probably be more effective. Let's see what I can do on it.:) Basically, you don't really have to care Nagas on the battle field on the scenario. Just sending the Lord and one Burner to attack their leader will be fine after they spend all golds.
AxalaraFlame wrote:And what's more, the healing spot is too far inland.
Yeah, the healing spot is almost like just for Gliders, but still better than nothing, isn't it?

Thanks.
taptap

Post by taptap »

SkyOne wrote:
taptap wrote:The third scenario suffers from the cave effect. When you trigger what is absolutely crucial. Make the naga leader producing units at least after the first guard recognizes you, you shouldn't be able to close in and only then kill. (Maybe needs a little rebalancing then.) Later: It might be something else, the whole scenario is a little static.
Okay, I will try something on the scenario although I have not had any ideas for the something yet, except what you suggested. Maybe, adding more variations of nagas? I have already created some custom nagas for my new naga/monster campaign (that is not published yet). One of them has the SUBMERGE ability and poisoned ranged attack as the blowgun. He may be usable as enemy's variation. Or Nagini Dowsers (mixed fighter).
I appreciate your opinion.:)
Maybe, it would work nice as a normal 1vs1 with a starting dialog, where the naga asks what they are doing here (when you arrive at your keep) and our straight drake hero demanding from him/her to release the prisoner (kind of like scenario 4 in dead water) outright. I would then drastically reduce the guardians, but let the naga attack you from early on, with ordinary starting gold but sufficient income this can be pretty dynamic (compare Uncharted Island scenario of Dead Water for inspiration). Probably needs a little balancing then but would give plenty of dynamic already given their speed and their constant pressure even during the night. (More triggered events probably would just increase the cave feeling for me.) You may then if you have to face a lot of pressure already to rescue the mermaid, make the killing of the naga an optional aim (and give the storm orb only then as a bonus).
SkyOne wrote:I personally want to remove all custom drake files that are on the default/core. Only reason why I keep them is that I don't really like drakes flopping wings on swamp terrains (even shallow water ones). It is okay if drakes are not many on the map (the case of FoaP), but in this campaign, almost all drakes sometimes flop wings on the map. It looks annoying. Could you tell me your opinion? I am guessing many of Drake funs like the way I am doing.
Really? I put drakes into swamps or over water whenever possible just to see them flap their wings. And I dislike the clashers exactly because they even don't do that, lazy bastards :) And guess what drakes are my favourite (Sky drakes). The sad thing about the Sword drake/Swordmaster line is that you have not so much reason in-game to level to them. They overlap very much with the Blademaster line - same damage type only different distribution/no weakness to pierce, but less mobility.
SkyOne wrote:The main reason why the Ranger was built was for the cave scenarios, especially for Hidden Cave.
Why people have to put caves into drake campaigns? Burning souls has a cave as scenario 2. Let those caves to smaller lizards... :whistle:
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

AxalaraFlame wrote:
SkyOne wrote:Eh, that hard? Did you use the Wose unit effectively? And I am curious why you kept playing on the HARD difficulty if you thought it was too hard.
One on the 1.10 server is better anyway. I added a healing spot on the first scenario (at Flame of Braves).
Well, l checked, sorry for my thoughtlessness. But l did use that tree wise and fair. l lure those nagas on land and decimated most of them simply with burners. That is still not enough, because their income enables them to swarm 3 nagas per turn.
It seems you are playing correctly.
Both enemy's income and gold are just ten each more than one on the NORMAL difficulty, and I feel easy on NORMAL. I can reduce the income on the HARD difficulty from ten to five on the next edition, but editing their [ai] will probably be more effective. Let's see what I can do on it.:) Basically, you don't really have to care Nagas on the battle field on the scenario. Just sending the Lord and one Burner to attack their leader will be fine after they spend all golds.
AxalaraFlame wrote:And what's more, the healing spot is too far inland.
Yeah, the healing spot is almost like just for Gliders, but still better than nothing, isn't it?

Thanks.[/quote]

1. Assaainating a Naga leader is MEAN, dude!!! That is not the way we drakes do!!!!!!!!! We slash these low flithy creatures ALL!!!! We dispise them!!!!!! We destroy their everthing!!!!!

2. l dont think give lower income is a cool way... after all an equally ascending income is so PERFECT!!!
l have ideas about making the first scenerio easier. lf you prefer to listen with an open mind, see these two suggeations:

i. nagas got double income than drakes per villages. How could this be? They are invaders, they dont have many villas. So here comes the first plan which makes it both effectively keeping its difficulty high(but passible) and makes more sense: INCREASE OUR INCOME TO THEIR SAME LEVEL.

l call this aggressive change, since drakes would have 28 income but not 14, while nagas have 30, we can swarm more drakes, while drakes are costly, outswarm the enemies is still not realistic.

ii. nagas recruits lv2s at the hardest level. Lv2 nagas are expensive, hehehe... and they are still lame things on flatland.

l call this defensive change, because thus we may face greater loses if we simply swarm gliders and burners. The corps includes with fighters is a better choice. In this way, you dont have to adjust anything essencial, but make it still a nightmarely horrible scenerio.

Both changes had been done and tried the day before yesterday. All doable. l'd even suggest to change both at a same time because shocking your players ass off by the first scenerio is very mean.......

And about your "editing ai" plan. l also tried it once. If set those nagas regard villages as "no value"(send no scouts to village), always grouping offensively, and caution<0, they seem to become much easier to take, though the war becomes even fiercer.

Still more, mention something. l play all main line campaigns on hardest level, which sepet me TEN MONTHS to get through, WITHOUT ANY SAVE/LOADS! l am very ambitious, dude.

l can work with your portraits. This is the very few drake race campaigns we have, especially, outstandingly, designed with creativety, defined at a certain point of time(which may add to official history!), reveals us more details about drake race(their longevity and the relationship between a dragon and drake) and their habits, culture. You should step on and repair it, collecting more feedbacks and do ambitious adjustments. Hope you can succeed!
taptap

Post by taptap »

Hidden Cave:

Really it is a bad idea to put cave scenarios in a drake campaign. I would love a scenario where drakes sit outside a cave and kill everything that comes out of it, but never ever would I send them into it. This is really frustrating. :augh:

I did a save/load towards the end and still finished merely the last turn and lost L2, 4x L3. Dwarfs are pretty good against drakes in caves, especially berserkers and you know thunderers. Ok, if you know what comes one can probably have a better result, especially having illumination (which I got only after the first leader) is absolutely crucial. (I probably will replay the previous scenario to get early illumination.)
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

taptap wrote:Maybe, it would work nice as a normal 1vs1 with a starting dialog, where the naga asks what they are doing here (when you arrive at your keep) and our straight drake hero demanding from him/her to release the prisoner (kind of like scenario 4 in dead water) outright. I would then drastically reduce the guardians, but let the naga attack you from early on, with ordinary starting gold but sufficient income this can be pretty dynamic (compare Uncharted Island scenario of Dead Water for inspiration). Probably needs a little balancing then but would give plenty of dynamic already given their speed and their constant pressure even during the night. (More triggered events probably would just increase the cave feeling for me.) You may then if you have to face a lot of pressure already to rescue the mermaid, make the killing of the naga an optional aim (and give the storm orb only then as a bonus).
Those have been under consideration. Thank you so much for the ideas. I am sure that something is going to be changed on the scenario, but maybe, not on the next edition because updating the bug fixed version is more important at this moment.
taptap wrote:
SkyOne wrote:I personally want to remove all custom drake files that are on the default/core. Only reason why I keep them is that I don't really like drakes flopping wings on swamp terrains (even shallow water ones). It is okay if drakes are not many on the map (the case of FoaP), but in this campaign, almost all drakes sometimes flop wings on the map. It looks annoying. Could you tell me your opinion? I am guessing many of Drake funs like the way I am doing.
Really? I put drakes into swamps or over water whenever possible just to see them flap their wings. And I dislike the clashers exactly because they even don't do that, lazy bastards And guess what drakes are my favourite (Sky drakes).
Oh, okay. That is totally different from me. I dislike current Sky/Hurricane because he is always flapping. <--sorry I said flopping. It was fishy. (as you can imagine, English is not my first language at all.)
taptap wrote:The sad thing about the Sword drake/Swordmaster line is that you have not so much reason in-game to level to them. They overlap very much with the Blademaster line - same damage type only different distribution/no weakness to pierce, but less mobility.
Let me tell you how they came about:
During the process of creating this campaign, all Drakes were updated. Although swords were the melee weapon for the Fighter-line, Flare, Flameheart, and one of clasher-lines, drakes who handle swords were no-longer available on the new units.

However, I had already installed the shadowbane blade as a pickable item to this campaign with the animations. The arcane damage weapon was necessary in this campaign, but it was weird if the dwarf, Montas, created the weapon for drakes. In addition, the same thing happened on FoaP campaign for the Flame Sword although there were more kinds of units who could handle swords on it (not many though). Adding more holy water in the scenarios was another option, but I did not like to put too many potions on a campaign.
Therefore, it was no-choice for me to create a custom unit who handle swords. (Animating the units is also high priority for me.)

That is the in-game reason to create them. The leader unit handles swords, but players were not able to choose the unit who picks up the sword if Sword/Swordmaster was not in the game.
taptap wrote:Why people have to put caves into drake campaigns? Burning souls has a cave as scenario 2. Let those caves to smaller lizards...
Thanks for trying to lead the right direction to aim at mainline.:)
In fact, the Western Union scenario through the Thunderthrow scenario were built as FoaP part-3, first (after scenario 22b). I just made them independent so far as this campaign. So originally, both cave scenarios were not built for a Drake campaign.

I think the reason why is from Fire Dragon on the mainline campaigns. It shows in the cave on SoF, and on TRoW, it appears from a cave if I recall correctly. I don't remember which one, but I have seen a Drake Campaign started from inside of cave.
AxalaraFlame wrote:1. Assaainating a Naga leader is MEAN, dude!!! That is not the way we drakes do!!!!!!!!! We slash these low flithy creatures ALL!!!! We dispise them!!!!!! We destroy their everthing!!!!!
Ah, okay. That is why it was too difficult. You don't really have to do it on the first scenario because it is kind of like a fake scenario as you know...
AxalaraFlame wrote:2. l dont think give lower income is a cool way... after all an equally ascending income is so PERFECT!!!
Reducing enemy's income was what you said. That was why I told you:
AxalaraFlame wrote:l suggeat you to start with reducing enemies' income
AxalaraFlame wrote:l have ideas about making the first scenerio easier. lf you prefer to listen with an open mind, see these two suggeations:
Thanks for the suggestions. I will refer them later when I have a time.
AxalaraFlame wrote:l can work with your portraits.
If you are an artist, sure! That will be great.
But if not, I have to see your works of portraits before saying yes. You can post your works on Art Workshop Forum in the case.:)
AxalaraFlame wrote:This is the very few drake race campaigns we have, especially, outstandingly, designed with creativety, defined at a certain point of time(which may add to official history!), reveals us more details about drake race(their longevity and the relationship between a dragon and drake) and their habits, culture. You should step on and repair it, collecting more feedbacks and do ambitious adjustments. Hope you can succeed!
Wow, thank you. I am glad to hear it.
But I am a person who prefers a HERO Dragon, not an evil one (I guess you, too.) It doesn't work here in general. In addition, I am not a young man (possibly older than your father). My English and what I am doing here make me look young, so let it younger generations do.:wink:

Drake society has already been built as well in this community, I think, though: http://wiki.wesnoth.org/Drakes_(race) <--EDIT: something has been wrong on the sight since today. It was fine when I posted.

There is a Drake UMC, Wings of Victory. It has been developing for a mainline drake campaign. You may like it.
taptap wrote:Hidden Cave:

Really it is a bad idea to put cave scenarios in a drake campaign. I would love a scenario where drakes sit outside a cave and kill everything that comes out of it, but never ever would I send them into it. This is really frustrating. :augh:

I did a save/load towards the end and still finished merely the last turn and lost L2, 4x L3. Dwarfs are pretty good against drakes in caves, especially berserkers and you know thunderers. Ok, if you know what comes one can probably have a better result, especially having illumination (which I got only after the first leader) is absolutely crucial. (I probably will replay the previous scenario to get early illumination.)
Oh, sorry. I did not realize you posted new one.
Recruiting or recalling a few Dwarvish Guardsman, then sacrificing them will be the way to finish the scenario easily. After defeating the first Dwarvish Bandit, doing the same thing by using his keep will be easy against the second Bandit.

EDIT: oh, if you step on the trash, you can pick up Dwarvish Fighter. I let you pick him up at this time.:)

And on the next scenario, you may hit a bug that is unable to undo a little while. Sorry about it. That will be fixed on the next edition.

Thanks.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

sorry dude, l dont really remember my own words clearly, but for now it is clear. l had meant to suggest you get their income lower, but after l tried these two solutions, it turned out to be well, instead of reducing income
energyman76c

Post by energyman76c »

Thunderthrow scenario - broken?

because at turn 6 it kills Tyngel... and that really, really sucks...
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

AxalaraFlame wrote:sorry dude, l dont really remember my own words clearly, but for now it is clear. l had meant to suggest you get their income lower, but after l tried these two solutions, it turned out to be well, instead of reducing income
I got it. No worry.:)
energyman76c wrote:Thunderthrow scenario - broken?

because at turn 6 it kills Tyngel... and that really, really sucks...
It’s not broken. It is the way that is supposed to be.
You need to blow up the Thunderthrow before orc’s 6th turn. So your 6th turn is the last chance to blow it up.:) (need to drop the bomb next to the thunderthrow, then leave the hex in the first 6 turns.)