Rebellion During the Dark Age

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Huston

Re: Rebellion During the Dark Age

Post by Huston »

ok. i've uploaded the version for 1.7.6 it contains fixedes for everything mentioned here except for the problem with the thiefs/woodsmen/poachers

EDIT: 1.6.5 version is uploaded
coded Rebellion During the Dark Age
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
docrock

Post by docrock »

hmmm, restarted at "Dan Tonk" upgraded to your current version, still i can't see Allora's icon. cure: replacing every occurrance of "human-commander+female" with "human-commanderess" in her unit.cfg and my save-files. looks like you changed the icon names to not include special characters.

edit: now through with it on 1.7.6, no further bugs. great work, very nice campaign.
Postings may contain traces of sense.
The ministry of health warns:
Living is dangerous to your health and may finally result in death.
You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it. (100% ...)
Huston

Post by Huston »

Thanks docrock. I've fixed it and have uploaded version 1.5.4 on both servers. now the last bug i'm aware of is the one where the female fightesses that are recruited turn into males when attacking or defending, a humorous bug, but a bug none the less.
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
Rakarei55555

Post by Rakarei55555 »

there are no sprites for commander allora...
Spoiler:
EDIT: the problem is her sprits are set as commander+female, when it should be comanderess

check the spelling, i might have spelled it wrong.
Don't let anyone else
Tell you who you are
Kramnik

Post by Kramnik »

At least for me the Seizure of Weldyn was impossible in the normal level (tried 4 times). I lost 1 loyal before that battle and i have a bunch of level 2-3 guys in the army.

I mean, i'm not a hardcore player, but i managed to finish 3 campaigns before that, so i'm not a complete newbie.

The other maps were ok. The second one was a litle easy, but the other ones were ok.

Nice campaign!
Huston

Post by Huston »

thanks for the feedback. this campaign was supposed to be a moderate difficulty campaign though. i'm still not sure if i succeeded in that respect, but if not oh well.
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
LaughingLich

Post by LaughingLich »

9) I am here to report an error that occurred in "Searching For Allies" Scenario. When I freed the elves from there cages, if I attempted moving them, Wesnoth would crash. Also, there a few spelling and Caps errors as well as a malfunction in bolding some text, just in case you were interested. I dont remember exactly where those errors were, but im sure you can find them.

Decent Campaign. I played on easy and havent quite finished yet, but the gameplay seems to fit its difficulty fine. The relationship between Haldar and Allora (spelling?) seemed a bit under-developed when it comes to story line. She seems to just appear out of nowhere and then they are in love and marry. Not very... developed, like I said. Nice work though.
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

The campaign on the whole is nice to play. However, when you are attacking Weldyn it is impractical that none of your loyal units can die. Especially when you are massively outnumbered on an open map with enemies who can recruit lancers and level 3 mages.
Huston

Post by Huston »

i actually have succeeded in beating the entire campaign (wouldn't have released it if it wasn't possible). it's supposed to be a difficult scenario
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

Could you allow some of the people to die though? I understand the need for certain units to stay alive, but i found having to keep the elvish lords alive a really big pain. It may be possible but i've tried it a few times now and i seem to always be getting killed turn 4/5.
vicente

Post by vicente »

I finished the campaign on hard (wesnoth 1.8 ). Over all a good campaign. :)
A few thoughts about future improvement.
1. The scenario about training and leveling 3 units depends heavily on your luck (and save-and-load). It is more seasonable to give the player 6 units at the beginning and ask for leveling 3 (or leveling 2, 3, 4 on easy, medium and hard).

2. The fighter unit line is a bit overpowered. If the player decides to recruit heavily on fighters, the game becomes less challenging. I beat the campaign by recruiting only one female fighter and one thief. I find it is challenging yet enjoyable to play the first a few scenarios with mostly level 0's. My suggestion would be to remove the fighters from the recruitment list. Rather, the player gets an reinforcement at round 2 at the northwest corner (where the villeges are hard to reach). For example, the player can get a Lisar on hard, or a Konrad, a Lisar and a thief on easy.

3. I get a lot of royal units during the game. I would suggest to adjust the number of royal mages for each level (3, 2, 1 mages for easy, medium and hard). By the way, I do not like the fact that my loyal mages get the trait "strong" ("intelligent" or "resilient" would be better).

4. The last scenario is difficult. But as long as the player defends around the camp and the forest, AND leave the heros in safe place, it is winnable. The only problem is that one of the leader (the north general) moves from his keep to the Weldyn castle. As a result, he fails to use all his gold. It would be better to prevent it by setting him as a passive leader.